Forum links, rules and other notes of interest

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Forum links, rules and other notes of interest

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:25 am

I should have probably done this earlier but my time was limited due to prior obligations. *Mods please make this sticky*

I have a set of rules that are the same for each board that I post on. Of course some things will need to be modified due to this board. So here goes:

1) I will answer questions during business hours unless I am traveling for work and do not have an internet connection. Please be patient as I will answer all questions

2) I will not compare our products to competitors and I will not bash a compeitors product. I believe this is bad business and I do have friends that work for competitors believe it or not Feel free to bash all you want but I will not join in

3) If you have a personal problem with me or how I may have answered a post then please PM me and we can settle it without disrupting the rest of the members here. I am not here to start battles or offend anyone. I am here to help in any way I can.

4) Try to keep things as civil as possible. I have virgin ears and they hurt when I hear foul language On the serious side you do not need to cuss to get your point across. It just lowers my impression of someones intelligence when all they do is curse. There might be some kids that read these boards, let them hear bad words at school and not on this board.

5) Please post anything positive or negative on this board!! I want to see it all and I will do my best to remedy any situation within reason

6) Loose lips sink ships. I will not tell you about upcoming products until it is time to do so. My boat doesn't leak and I will not leak any info that I am not supposed to no matter how hard you beg or pry. I do accept bribes in blonde, brunette...

7) SIC (JDM) product comparisons, requests etc;. I realize that many of you are "enthusiasts" and you all want the Japanese product here or some of the features in the US model reels. Eventually some features might make it onto our reels. In the meantime I ask that you keep these type of posts in the correct forum on this site. Some of you have seen the posts go back and forth. Some of this was not professional on my part and I will not be maiking this same mistake again. Many of these questions have been answered prior to my posts on this site. Jeremy Sweet is the Reel Product Manager and several of his answers are more specific than mine. Here is a link to the previous posts:

T3Forum/viewtopic.php?t=7048&highlight=jeremy

Jeremy and I have been speaking about him making a guest appearance after ICAST to answer some more questions. I will let everyone know the day and time he will be available for Q&A.

Links:

Repair/maintenance guides

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... tions.html

Warranty Center list

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... ranty.html

Online catalog (Will change soon for '08)

http://fish.shimano.com/publish/content ... alogs.html

Addresses and phone numbers

Shimano attn Reel Repair
1 Holland
Irvine, CA 92618

Shimano attn Rod Warranty
1 Holland
Irvine, CA 92618

Customer service number (Parts orders): 877-577-0600

Direct number: 949-951-5003

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

*Additions*

Post by Bantam1 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:31 am

I forgot to mention this:

I will answer questions about tuning, modifications and other "enhancements" to our reels. This is something I like to do with my personal reels and I can walk you through the parts and labor needed to do so.

gopal6601
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Re: Forum links, rules and other notes of interest

Post by gopal6601 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 am

Thank you so much for sharing this informative post with us.

Mothercanucker
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Forum links, rules and other notes of interest

Post by Mothercanucker » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:07 am

repair and maintenance guide links don't work anymore. Are there newer ones?