Welcome Shimano

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Welcome Shimano

Post by mrgadget » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 pm

Just an observation here fellas....

I thought the original intent of this forum topic was to post questions for SHIMANO customer support rep (Bantam1). He indicated that he would be "out of pocket" for a few days, but would try to answer questions as quickly as possible.

In the interim, it appears that individual questions and thoughts have degenerated into discussions that would have been better served under other topics... Tackle, or Enthusiast, or even Everything Else for that matter. This has become little more than a free-for-all!

If I were Dan, I would be hard pressed not to just throw up my hands and walk away and let y'all have at it.

If I were a moderator, I would delete all but the original question in each thread and leave it for Dan to answer.

Maybe I misunderstood the intent, but that's JMHO, Gadget

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:17 pm

Interesting take on the new forum... :thinking:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:25 pm

in the long run of things, it may well turn into that type of forum.

if you look at the history of threads in the many forums on this site, you will find a lot of questions, suppositions and downright lies about the intentions of most tackle companies around the world. :shock:

what you're seeing now is just the shotgun effect of all those pent-up questions that may finally be answered in an official, informative manner.

as long as things are civil, i'm sure dan won't mind a little good-natured ribbing along the way. :big grin:

in my feeble mind, kudos to tt and dan for finally making something like this possible.

Bantam1
Manufacturer Support
Manufacturer Support

Post by Bantam1 » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:54 pm

Scot wrote:
mhood wrote:
Scot wrote:for the most part it seems the JDM market may get lighter materials and maybe a clicking drag etc but actual performance seems to be equal and if anything the US reels are a little stronger technically speaking.

If I can find them anywhere, how many of those inferior Conquest 50s and 50S's of yours will you swap for a nice USDM Calcutta TE 50 GT? Maybe you'd kick a few bucks for the stronger reel? :tongue:
ok....you got me :oops: although I do have a US TE51 too which I loves...I just gotta Scotti-tune it to make it lighter :lol: ...it seriously is a brick in comparison to the JDM...it's amazing how much weight a brass drive shaft will add :| ....Actually...Bantam..if I send my TE in for the Platinum Service cleaning and include a few fancy shmancy custom made titanium components...would you guys install them for me and would I maintain warrany on anything not related to my customized parts :)
Nope because the parts aren't factory so you'll void the warranty. We can install them but from then on you are on your own if something fails or is the parts are not perfect and it causes a problem.

Tough crowds are my specialty 8-)

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:44 pm

Oh....the parts will be perfect, you can bet on that 8-) However I can fully understand your position....I'm just glad to know you boys aren't so uptight that you won't even install my hardware for me....I seem to be a little hit or miss for some reason when it comes to assembling/dis-assembling my reels and maintaining that "out of the box" feel :x

I've decided from here on out that Shimano will clean/service my reels once a year.

socal
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by socal » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:35 pm

well i am new here so take it easy on me if i posted in the wrong spot.
i just wanted to take the time to tell shimano thanks for the service i got from them several months ago. i bought two reels on e-bay they were bait casters and when i got them they were junk. i took them down to the Irvine, ca service department and the guy there was real cool. he told me they no longer made them and gave me two new corvalus's instead and a hand full of oil for the reels. i have never had that kind of service from any company. i just wanted to say thanks for that, and you have a customer for life.
i also wanted to thank you guys for this forum, there is alot of great info here and i look forward to being apart of this place.

Want
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Want » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:27 pm

I think Dan's (Bantam's) involvement in this forum is a tremendous asset. He can take criticism, hard words, and tough questions without losing his cool. He doesn't resort to bashing nor does he post condescending remarks. He seems genuine in his desire to help and follows up on most issues. Pretty d--- good in my books.