Welcome Shimano

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!
JIP
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Shimano

Post by JIP » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:41 pm

Welcome to the Official Shimano Product Support forum here on TackleTour. If you have any questions regarding your Shimano products here is the place you can talk directly to a representative of Shimano. We would like to thank Shimano for taking the time to talk directly with consumers, and it is a great example of their commitment to excellent customer support.
JIP - TackleTour.com
http://www.tackletour.com

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Welcome Shimano

Post by Scot » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:50 pm

Hi Shimano!!!

Question #1...why have we in the US been getting hosed by having to get "lesser" quality/performing reels than those same models available in Japan? :P :P :P :P

Just kidding :)

Welcome and as JIP stated...thank you for being so proactive with regard to making yourself available with us...the end users....it says alot.

GAMEOVER
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by GAMEOVER » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:52 pm

Scot wrote:Hi Shimano!!!

Question #1...why have we in the US been getting hosed by having to get "lesser" quality/performing reels than those same models available in Japan? :P :P :P :P

Id like to ask that question and im not kidding. :D It sure can be a PITA to get your reels imported. :x

Leftys are the only reels ill buy to. :)

Welcome to TT.

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm

GAMEOVER wrote:
Scot wrote:Hi Shimano!!!

Id like to ask that question and im not kidding. :D It sure can be a PITA to get your reels imported. :x

Leftys are the only reels ill buy to. :)

Welcome to TT.
I seriously was j/k GO...for the most part it seems the JDM market may get lighter materials and maybe a clicking drag etc but actual performance seems to be equal and if anything the US reels are a little stronger technically speaking.

BassFreak
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by BassFreak » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Shimano has always had EXCELLENT customer service, From my experience and from others too. This forum is a great example of how well they treat us consumers.

Welcome Shimano!!

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:39 pm

SHimano is where I started and with the scorpion 1001 thats where the obsession began with JDM! 8-) I cant wait to see the new stuff that comes out in ICAST this Jul 10th! Ill be the first to tell you that I love the Crucials!
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:49 pm

Scot wrote:for the most part it seems the JDM market may get lighter materials and maybe a clicking drag etc but actual performance seems to be equal and if anything the US reels are a little stronger technically speaking.

If I can find them anywhere, how many of those inferior Conquest 50s and 50S's of yours will you swap for a nice USDM Calcutta TE 50 GT? Maybe you'd kick a few bucks for the stronger reel? :tongue:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:50 pm

buckle up, bantam...as you can already tell, it's gonna be a fun, hard ride. :big grin:

btw, welcome.

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:57 pm

Absolutely!!! Welcome to TTF!!! The Collective can be a tough crowd for sure but we all adore our tackle...our monkeys force us to. :D

Now, where is my Stella 500 and my Calcutta DC50? :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:06 pm

probably the same place as my 7:1 calais 100a :shock:

mhood
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mhood » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:08 pm

I'm gonna pout until my Calais DC7 50Mg gets here...and if I have to order it from Japan, I'll have a big old hissy fit!!! :big grin:
ORANGE Reels Rule!!!
- Lord Wisecracker

brokeneye
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by brokeneye » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:13 pm

=)))) =)))) =)))) =)))) =)))) =)))) =)))) =))))

mrgadget
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by mrgadget » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:46 pm

mhood wrote:The Collective can be a tough crowd for sure but we all adore our tackle...our monkeys force us to. :D
No kidding! You won't find "Sympathy" in our dictionary... it used to be right there between.... Oh well... I looked, can't find it.

Soooooo.... When was that C.S. rep from Daiwa gonna show up? :P Gadget
Last edited by mrgadget on Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:57 pm

Daiwa is making slow but positive strides in C.S.

But, I highly doubt that you will see them hear anytime soon...they would need to take the TT Crew and all their reps to Comedero first, all expenses paid with a sneak peak/use of some incoming products.

Thank goodness their products are MUCH better than the past C.S. practices.

Scot
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Scot » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:37 am

mhood wrote:
Scot wrote:for the most part it seems the JDM market may get lighter materials and maybe a clicking drag etc but actual performance seems to be equal and if anything the US reels are a little stronger technically speaking.

If I can find them anywhere, how many of those inferior Conquest 50s and 50S's of yours will you swap for a nice USDM Calcutta TE 50 GT? Maybe you'd kick a few bucks for the stronger reel? :tongue:
ok....you got me :oops: although I do have a US TE51 too which I loves...I just gotta Scotti-tune it to make it lighter :lol: ...it seriously is a brick in comparison to the JDM...it's amazing how much weight a brass drive shaft will add :| ....Actually...Bantam..if I send my TE in for the Platinum Service cleaning and include a few fancy shmancy custom made titanium components...would you guys install them for me and would I maintain warrany on anything not related to my customized parts :)