Ringa Removing the Clip on the Line Guide Shaft

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Ringa Removing the Clip on the Line Guide Shaft

Post by davej » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:53 am

Hi Chucke and Gang,

Anybody have any tips on how to remove the clip at the end of the line guide shaft... I have been fiddleing with it for a while now and can't get it unhooked... also If I remove that clip and washer does the whole shaft just slide right out? I'm trying to clean it..

Thank you

Dave

SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Ringa Removing the Clip on the Line Guide Shaft

Post by SpecksReds » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:23 pm

Are you talking about a e-clip? If you are the best way to remove clips that are recessed like I think this one is are some set of picks that Sears sells in there automotive tool section. I bought this set thinking I might be able to use and they are indispensible, from e-clips to bearing clips to bearing's. I think I paid less than $10.00 for a set of 4 or 5 picks of different shapes.

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:16 pm

SpecksReds wrote:Are you talking about a e-clip? If you are the best way to remove clips that are recessed like I think this one is are some set of picks that Sears sells in there automotive tool section. I bought this set thinking I might be able to use and they are indispensible, from e-clips to bearing clips to bearing's. I think I paid less than $10.00 for a set of 4 or 5 picks of different shapes.
I think so.. its the clip when you remove the side plate that looks like it holds on a washer and the shart your line guide rides on..

SpecksReds
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by SpecksReds » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:25 pm

DaveJ I just looked at the Daiwa Japan website and looked at the schematic(tried to do it before I answered you earlier). It is like I thought you will need something like the picks I described earlier and that should fix you up.

davej
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by davej » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:32 pm

SpecksReds wrote:DaveJ I just looked at the Daiwa Japan website and looked at the schematic(tried to do it before I answered you earlier). It is like I thought you will need something like the picks I described earlier and that should fix you up.
Thanks specks... I will try those pics you were talking about.. I actually have one for those "professional over-runs"

Thanks again....

Tight lines

DJ

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zenbassr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:46 pm

davej wrote:Anybody have any tips on how to remove the clip at the end of the line guide shaft...
easiest way to remove it is to find the smallest slotted screwdriver you have, insert it into either of the two notches, then twist (counter-)clockwise, either way will work...i usually put a finger over the clip before twisting, to keep it from flying off. that's the tip i got from a shimano/daiwa reel tech, cant remember which.

putting it back on is a bit trickier...i grease it up before snapping it back on with a "CPU lifter" tool that came in the wiha set.