Alphas ito side plate

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
vertigo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Alphas ito side plate

Post by vertigo » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:24 pm

I just bought a Daiwa Alphas ito and was wondering how hard would it be to get another clear lexicon side plate in case I happen to break the current one. Does Daiwa also offer a matching metal side plate or will a regular side plate from an existing alphas fit and replace the plastic one on the ito?

Thanks!

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Alphas ito side plate

Post by zenbassr » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:25 am

vertigo wrote:Does Daiwa also offer a matching metal side plate or will a regular side plate from an existing alphas fit and replace the plastic one on the ito?
no, and yes.
for the -ito reels i.e. TD-ito, M-ito and other limited ed. models like the Ringa, there are quite a few parts that are not available for purchase even from the get-go. for the ito Ai lexan sideplate, left/right setplate, frame, handle-side sideplate, ported drag star, main drive gear...all irreplace-able. suprisingly, the type-f sideplate seems unavailable as well?

though all of the above parts can be replaced by those from the standard alphas, i personally wouldnt want to have a purple sideplate on an ito Ai #-o

vertigo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by vertigo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:54 pm

So can the lexon parts for the alphas AI be repaced by a north american Sol?

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:25 pm

HOw do you clean the side plate???
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats