What can I do to upgrade my Certate Finesse?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: What can I do to upgrade my Certate Finesse?

Post by Lucky1 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:20 pm

So what Brand line would be the best for what Im looking for? It has to be no bigger than 4lb mono. If I could do it any way I wanted I would use something around the size of 2lb mono, but braided. Thanks in advance. Lucky1 :|

catch'em-all
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Post by catch'em-all » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:07 pm

Lucky1 wrote:So what Brand line would be the best for what Im looking for? It has to be no bigger than 4lb mono. If I could do it any way I wanted I would use something around the size of 2lb mono, but braided. Thanks in advance. Lucky1 :|
I've been happy with readily available lines like Spiderline Fusion, Stealth and Fireline that I can buy reletively cheaply at Walmart. If memory serves me, 10lb fusion and stealth are 4lb diameter, and 10lb Firelne is 2lb dia.

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:14 pm

I just wanted to say thanks all for the help. I ran down to wally world and decided on the 6lb spiderwire stealth. It is supposed to be the same diamater as 1lb mono and it seemed to hold up awesome today. Extremely pleased with the castability and I was actually able to get close to 130-140yards of line on the finesse.
Couple of question I have is....What are the benefits of using a flourocarbon leader? How long should it be?, and what size should I use if Im using 6lb braided line? Thank you, Lucky1 :D

JayDub
Angler
Angler

Post by JayDub » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:28 pm

catch'em-all wrote:I use braids in the 10-14lb range and they tend to be about equivalent to 4-6lb mono thickness. I tie on a 3'-4' Fluoro leader...
Not to sidetrack this discussion much, but what type of knot do you use, braid-to-mono, for your leader? Does it mess with your casting distance? It always seems that knots really affect the casting distance for me, especially on spinning gear.

Lucky1
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Lucky1 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:52 pm

I should apologize too, I am not sure if this is where i should be asking my "learning how to fish" questions again. :roll: I have been using blood nots ( I think the name is correct). It seemed to work good today. G :D