Working on Reels - Tips!

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
CheezusCrust
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Working on Reels - Tips!

Post by CheezusCrust » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:22 pm

Im a diesel mechanic and I use brake cleaner all over the trucks I work on.It doesnt affect paint.It cleans and thins grease.I read on this forum some guy said he uses brake cleaner to clean his bearings he then rinses the bearings in acetone.I took out my metanium and sprayed the hell out of the sideplate and spool bearing.Nothing was damaged like a predicted.But the spool bearing spinned like a rabit after a carrot on a stick.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Working on Reels - Tips!

Post by eklikewhoa » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:23 am

CheezusCrust wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:22 pm
Im a diesel mechanic and I use brake cleaner all over the trucks I work on.It doesnt affect paint.It cleans and thins grease.I read on this forum some guy said he uses brake cleaner to clean his bearings he then rinses the bearings in acetone.I took out my metanium and sprayed the hell out of the sideplate and spool bearing.Nothing was damaged like a predicted.But the spool bearing spinned like a rabit after a carrot on a stick.
Forget which but some will rub some paint off.