Steez Follow up

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
trav
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Steez Follow up

Post by trav » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:56 pm

Follow up from my post earlier. With my reel (pictured) being fairly old now, are any spools from newer Steez’s or similar reels interchangeable?
Attachments
IMG_3398.jpeg
IMG_3398.jpeg (120.52 KiB) Viewed 1262 times

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Steez Follow up

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 20, 2023 5:50 am

trav wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:56 pm
Follow up from my post earlier. With my reel (pictured) being fairly old now, are any spools from newer Steez’s or similar reels interchangeable?
Lots of options including selling it 😂 I know a guy !
Seriously I do and would be happy to see more pics

Back to your question
Depends on your intentions for the reel you can do many different things with it. When I start on a project I identify the goal first and the. Start the build.
If you want an all around reel than look at your all around spool options first
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:45 am

Any spool that fits the current steez and zillion fits your reel. Pretty much any steez or tdz spool fits.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:14 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:45 am
Any spool that fits the current steez and zillion fits your reel. Pretty much any steez or tdz spool fits.

Thanks Tim
I could have been more specific in my post.
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

Dan B
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Dan B » Tue Jun 20, 2023 10:41 pm

trav wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:56 pm
I had a Steez EX, one of the few I actually regret selling. But those cast so damn well because they don't have the SV, air brake, etc crap in them and they just made the good ol' way. Unless you damage the spool and need a replacement, I wouldn't touch it.
Those reels were something special, just like the 103s too.