Daiwa Steez SV TW A Magforce adjuster reversed

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Daiwa Steez SV TW A Magforce adjuster reversed

Post by hmnginmn » Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:32 am

Hey all, servicing a Steez A today. I popped in the spool and disengaged the reel and spun the spool by finger while the magforce adjuster is set to 0 and am getting little to no freespool. However when I set the dial to 20 it freespool great.

During maintenance I did not even touch the side plate with the magnetic brakes, the only thing I did was remove the bearing, flush and recoil. I attempted to take the brake casing but while putting it back together it does the same thing. Any tips? Tricks?
Long live the Jerkbait

hmnginmn
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Steez SV TW A Magforce adjuster reversed

Post by hmnginmn » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:01 pm

Figured it out. Turns out no matter if the dial was set to 0 or 20. The spool would not spin freely. I marked the inner magnet with a sharpie, turned the dial (which rotates the outer dial) from 0-20 and the inner magnet was moving as the outside dial moved. To fix this, I set the dial to 20 (as it wasn't spinning freely already), then I removed the inner magnet, put a teeny bit of super glue to hold the inner magnet in place, turned the dial to zero, placed the spool on top of it and it spun freely.
Long live the Jerkbait

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Daiwa Steez SV TW A Magforce adjuster reversed

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:14 pm

Yep, it is a common problem, and you addressed it correctly.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.