2019 Morethan PE SV XH gear set

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

2019 Morethan PE SV XH gear set

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:17 am

I have a 2019 Morethan 1000 PE SV XH that has a gear set that is getting a little buzzy on me, and I have only used it for three months (it has gone through three owners previously that I know of).

I'm going to give it a full service again to see if I can get another few months out of it, but I want to replace the gears. Since the C6191 gears are near impossible to procure, I would like to drop in a JDM duralumin set from the Steez A into it. Would the duralumin Zillion 1000 TW 8.5 set also work?

Thanks in advance.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: 2019 Morethan PE SV XH gear set

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:38 pm

Yes. The new 21 Zillion1000 gears are a direct fitment into a Steez A which the Morethan basically is. The previous gen Zillion SV and Zillion 1516 have larger gears.
The JDM Zillion gears are easier to source now as Daiwa Japan have cracked down on selling gears from magsealed reels making it hard to get the Steez A gears which I have previously have bought from PLAT without issue. Recently tried to get a gear set for Ryoga BJ and they wouldnt sell them to me.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:07 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:38 pm
Yes. The new 21 Zillion1000 gears are a direct fitment into a Steez A which the Morethan basically is. The previous gen Zillion SV and Zillion 1516 have larger gears.
The JDM Zillion gears are easier to source now as Daiwa Japan have cracked down on selling gears from magsealed reels making it hard to get the Steez A gears which I have previously have bought from PLAT without issue. Recently tried to get a gear set for Ryoga BJ and they wouldnt sell them to me.
Excellent thank you. Spankey says that the Steez SV TW gear set are also a direct swap.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 pm

dragon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:07 pm
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Excellent thank you. Spankey says that the Steez SV TW gear set are also a direct swap.
Yes definitely. I have put a Steez A gear set into a Steez SV before. needed to sand down the clicker ring a little though as it rubbed in the SV body. I think the magnesium side plate is thicker than the alloy side plate in the A.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by dragon1 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:14 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:37 pm
dragon1 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:07 pm
BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Yes definitely. I have put a Steez A gear set into a Steez SV before. needed to sand down the clicker ring a little though as it rubbed in the SV body. I think the magnesium side plate is thicker than the alloy side plate in the A.
Excellent, good to know about that MG side plate thickness vs the Steez A aluminum side plate.