Custom Millionaire

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Custom Millionaire

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:36 am

So I finally ordered a Millionaire CT, will have to wait a bit for it to arrive, JDM site is down for holidays. I would have waited to order but had a coupon expiring and was scared of a few items going out of stock.

Either way, how can I customize this reel? Not sure if the drag star is spring loaded or interchangeable with any new models. Just hope it conceals the shaft threads. I know about all the spools, I am talking more cosmetic changes. I will be putting at least a 90mm handle on there, issue is I don't see any matching silver handles in that length. I had a Steez A handle but sold it and TackleTrap doesn't have them in stock. Think a black 90mm would look bad?

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Custom Millionaire

Post by Preston » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 am

The big megabass shop(hookup) has the ZPI Machine cut handles on sale right now for $90 down from $180. They are 92mm and might look nice. I grabbed one, as I've liked those but wouldn't pay $180.

I think they look awesome. Not sure which color would match, but they have gun metal and silver with knob and nut color choices. I put the gunmetal on my Curado 70 MGL with gold knobs. To me, looks awesome and feels nice.

The Millionaire has two tones of gray. I think I'd be tempted to try the gun metal handles with silver knobs and nut.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 am

Worst case scenario you can always see what aliexpress has for silver handles.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:44 am

Preston wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 am
The big megabass shop(hookup) has the ZPI Machine cut handles on sale right now for $90 down from $180. They are 92mm and might look nice. I grabbed one, as I've liked those but wouldn't pay $180.

I think they look awesome. Not sure which color would match, but they have gun metal and silver with knob and nut color choices. I put the gunmetal on my Curado 70 MGL with gold knobs. To me, looks awesome and feels nice.

The Millionaire has two tones of gray. I think I'd be tempted to try the gun metal handles with silver knobs and nut.
I consider trying the 100mm gunmetal handle from a Tatula HD, just not sure a 100mm won't be too big for a Millionaire on a ML rod running 8lb fluorocarbon. This handle would come off my SS/SV and I would put a black 90mm on it.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:34 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:44 am
Preston wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:06 am

I consider trying the 100mm gunmetal handle from a Tatula HD, just not sure a 100mm won't be too big for a Millionaire on a ML rod running 8lb fluorocarbon. This handle would come off my SS/SV and I would put a black 90mm on it.
Hmmm. It would probably look good. I don't enjoy long handles on finesse oriented reels, but that's just preference.

I was just on ali and found some colored handles in smaller sizes for like 4 bucks. What about a gold handle to accent the line guide? Might not be enough gold on the rest of the reel to make it look right, but it would be different for sure.

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:00 am

Avail handles fit Daiwa reels and they have some really nice Duralumin handles that are super lightweight, even a bit lighter than some of the RCS/SLP carbon handles. They are made in sizes from 75mm to 90mm. Have a look https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/3665