Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 Spinning Reel

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano Stradic CI4+ 2500 Spinning Reel

Post by cadman » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 pm

Before I get into my question, I have some of the original pearl colored Stradics that came out back in the day. I want to say 1990's ? Anyway, back then I cleaned one of the reels only to find out when I put it back together, the reels wasn't as smooth as it was before I took it apart. Apparently back then I did not mark the gear teeth orientation, and now when I turn the handle, every full revolution, the reel hesitates (like it was tight) and then continues till the next revolution. So I'm thinking with these new reels, is that still a problem. I have 4 Shimano Stradic spinning reels(as mentioned above) that I bought brand new about 2 years ago from Tackle Trap for my wife. I want to disassemble them and clean them. However, since these are so smooth, I do not want to take them apart and have the same problem I have with the first gen Stradics. Do I need to mark where the gear teeth align, or is this not a problem anymore with the new reels. Thanks for any advice in advance.