List of reel tuners

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Jdw2920
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

List of reel tuners

Post by Jdw2920 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:52 pm

Who all is good to send reels in to for polishing and tuning. Good work and good turnaround time

ShimanoFan
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: List of reel tuners

Post by ShimanoFan » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:09 pm

Alan Tani! Best there is!

Why is there a concerted effort of hate? And why is it allowed?

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:47 pm

Here are some that I have used in no particular order, note none are bad but they each have their plusses and minuses.

1. Dan Issacs - ReelEx - All he did for years was Shimano but now he is working on other reels. He offers the quickest turnaround and if I am not mistaken supertuning/polishing is included in the price. The good is that your reels will be returned to you quickly and they will freespool and spin for days. The bad is that I have had some dings on the reels mainly on bling parts from his service that was not on their prior.

2. Bryan - Tackle Trap - He serviced some reels for me over the years. All came back great and there were no dings or marks on any of the reels despite the bling parts. They performed well after use but at times his turnaround time can get really long. There is also charges for supertuning, etc.

3. Mike DVT - I waited almost 7 weeks for my reels. He did good with the Shimano reels but I feel like he didn't do well with the Daiwa reels. A nice guy but I feel like he lacks the knowledge of others.

4. Ian Shields - Many consider him one of the pioneers in the industry. He does good work and is known for his ability to mod reels and is one of the originators of many parts swaps, gear conversions, and sorts of modifications. Really nice guy but at times gets booked up.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:56 am

Spanky (Bryan) Tackle Trap is top notch. Well knowledged in every brand.
<")))><{

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 am

Can someone please super tune my Shishamo ? It has 16 bearings and I swear one of them is making noise.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:16 am

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 am
Can someone please super tune my Shishamo ? It has 16 bearings and I swear one of them is making noise.
:lol: =D>
<")))><{

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Real Pudd legend wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:48 am
Better send that one to Bill Nye the Science Guy. ;) :lol:

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 pm

He told me to send it back to the Ryobi factory :( .