Shimano one way roller clutches

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano one way roller clutches

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed May 29, 2019 10:23 am

I'm not sure if anyone will have an answer to this, but here goes....

I'm wondering how many sizes of roller clutches shimano uses in its low profile reels? And for purposes of the discussion could we start with reels from the CU200E7 and onward. (I am familiar with the older koyo one-way clutches from the bantam series and thereabouts) I don't work on reels full time, but usually clean/fix around 50 a year and am always trying to learn. I just tore down a CH200E6 for pics before I list it on flea bay and for fun took a new BNT #'d clutch for a CH50 mg and it fit right in the CH200E6. If I worked in a shop with many parts on hand I would be able to answer this question myself.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Shimano one way roller clutches

Post by LgMouthGambler » Wed May 29, 2019 1:44 pm

There are many different numbers, and many supercede to the same number.
<")))><{

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am

I was attempting to source some direct from NTN but they are proprietary, so only for purchase through shimano. 8-) I did find the older one way roller clutches such as used in bantam reels, and also in team daiwa x's sourced through China, $12 for 10 pieces!!

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Fri May 31, 2019 8:01 am

lifeofRiley wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 6:41 am
I was attempting to source some direct from NTN but they are proprietary, so only for purchase through shimano. 8-) I did find the older one way roller clutches such as used in bantam reels, and also in team daiwa x's sourced through China, $12 for 10 pieces!!
There is a company called abec357 that sells roller clutches as well for many Shimano reels.
<")))><{