Curado K part measurement question

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
humph005
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Curado K part measurement question

Post by humph005 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:06 pm

I am looking to find out the total length (preferably in millimeters) of the "roller clutch inner tube" on the Curado 200K. It is part number 5647 on the schematic.

If anyone has time to provide the measurement to me I would greatly appreciate your help! Thank you!!!!!!

brownhl
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado K part measurement question

Post by brownhl » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:12 pm

Damn, I just cleaned mine and put it back together. May I ask why you need its dimensions?

humph005
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Curado K part measurement question

Post by humph005 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:18 pm

I have some Curado I's. The Curado K has an added bearing that sits directly above the tube I am inquiring about (just like most Daiwa reels have had since the 1990's). The added bearing here adds some extra support to keep the drive shaft in more precise alignment, which in turn keeps the gears aligned better. Or at least that is how I see it! I want to tinker around and try to get a functional bearing in that same spot on my Curado I's. But I need a few millimeters shorter tube than what the Curado I has for it to even have a chance at working. I was hoping that the tube on the Curado K is shorter and might work for me. I just like to mess around with stuff like this sometimes. Thanks for asking!