Lixada carbon fiber handles?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Lixada carbon fiber handles?

Post by karirick » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:50 am

Did a search and no results on here. Seen them on the 200 billion a year store.....

Anyone tried one at least?

Rick

Slazmo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Lixada carbon fiber handles?

Post by Slazmo » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:19 pm

I've tried the other brands, some are well made and the only issue thus far is production series differences - for example one V1 series has a riveted / bashed down handle shaft connection end to handle (where it passed through the carbon handle and pokes out the other side) whereas the V2 I got more recently had a well finished washered and dome rivited end of the handle shaft to handle connection...

Our dollar strength and remoteness doesn't permit us to value add these boutique JDM handles onto old reels etc - but for value for money some of those handles are pretty good, tight fit and a plethora of handle knobs do fit.

Im not arguing with their availability in a mass array of sizes and colours either.

My 2c.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Lixada carbon fiber handles?

Post by adam lancia » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:41 am

I haven't used those specifically butI have used others from that site with good results. Be extra careful that you pay close attention to the picture of what you're ordering though. I bought 3 handles that are 4mm thick, but didn't realize that they weren't recessed for the handle nut. Without that recess, the threads from the handle don't stick it far enough to tighten it. This was on Daiwa reels that use a nut to secure the handle. Daiwa reels that use a screw like the Steez, J-Dream, etc, were all fine. As for quality they look and perform very well, especially for the price when you consider what you'd pray for an SLP or ZPI handle.