Question on installation of ZPI star drag on Daiwa Steez SV TW

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Question on installation of ZPI star drag on Daiwa Steez SV TW

Post by Mike son » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:22 am

Picked up a ZPI pentagram star drag and have one small question regarding the installation. I can't read japanese but I assume you are supposed to replace the stock keyed washer with the keyed washer included with the zpi star drag. Is my assumption correct? Just hoping someone can confirm this for me.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Question on installation of ZPI star drag on Daiwa Steez SV TW

Post by Mike son » Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:49 pm

For what it's worth, the washer that came with the star drag is much thicker. I ended up using the stock washer upon installation as the one included from zpi was nearly too thick to allow the driveshaft nut to fully seat when I installed the star drag and an aftermarket handle.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:49 pm

Mike son wrote:For what it's worth, the washer that came with the star drag is much thicker. I ended up using the stock washer upon installation as the one included from zpi was nearly too thick to allow the driveshaft nut to fully seat when I installed the star drag and an aftermarket handle.
How to you like the zpi star? The Steez A/SVTW drag star is one thing i really don't care for on the reel, it just feels so "plasticy" and cheap. I see Tackle Trap offers a Morethan star that fits the steez, but just not sure I want to upgrade 5 reels lol.

Mike son
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Mike son » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:57 pm

78Staff wrote:
Mike son wrote:For what it's worth, the washer that came with the star drag is much thicker. I ended up using the stock washer upon installation as the one included from zpi was nearly too thick to allow the driveshaft nut to fully seat when I installed the star drag and an aftermarket handle.
How to you like the zpi star? The Steez A/SVTW drag star is one thing i really don't care for on the reel, it just feels so "plasticy" and cheap. I see Tackle Trap offers a Morethan star that fits the steez, but just not sure I want to upgrade 5 reels lol.
It's nice, haven't fished with it yet but I don't see myself having any issues. Weighs 0.74g more than the stock drag star. I don't care for the zaion drag stars and agree with what you said about them.