Loose spool on revo

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Loose spool on revo

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:11 pm

I'm cleaning a revo and customer says he has trouble getting enough spool tension. I checked schematic and everything is in proper place. What should I do? Did the spacers in the tension cap compress over time?

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Loose spool on revo

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:57 pm

What model REVO? Full shaft or half shaft? Any indentations on the spool spacers in the side plate or cast cap?

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:04 pm

It's a revo sx. The black one. Gen 2 I believe. Half shaft. There did seem to be a divot in the cork spacer in the tension cap. I'll order a new one and try that.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:42 pm

And the one in the side plate?

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by lifeofRiley » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:25 am

It seems like the one in the sideplate is in relatively good shape. After I took all the spacers out and cleaned them, then reinstalled I can get the spool tension decently tight. I need to order a few other parts from berkley and I'll order new spacers as they're prolly cheap and maybe the old ones suffered from compression. It's an issue with shimano I've never had to deal with before. But they seem to have tighter tolerances and better conformity than abu reels.