Sv spool ???

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Sv spool ???

Post by SapperTyler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:42 pm

I noticed when I cast my Tatula Sv once I stop the spool it sounds like a rattle. I’m guessing it’s the inductor for the mag brakes and I opened up my side plate and the spring for the inductor seems a lil light. Does anyone know how to fix this “rattle” or is it normal?

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Re: Sv spool ???

Post by SapperTyler » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm

So I’ve done some inspecting and my Tatula CT100HS rotor spring is stronger than the one on my SV, should it be lighter?

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:15 pm

SapperTyler wrote:So I’ve done some inspecting and my Tatula CT100HS rotor spring is stronger than the one on my SV, should it be lighter?
Normally Magforce-Z springs are a tad "tighter" or more stiff. The SV spools generally have a softer spring that allows the inductor to more easily go out and twist while increasingly protruding up the ramp. This is why you will see many people on this forum replace stock Daiwa SV spool springs with more stiff ones. The Zillion Type R+ spring is a common upgrade. So for one of your questions, I would say YES the Tatula CT spring should definitely be more stiff than the Tatula SV spring. It takes more effort to move the inductor on the Tatula CT and Type-R, but you normally get more distance. The Tatula SV requires less effort to move the spool toward the magnets and therefore gives more braking, at the cost of feeling what some call "choked".

As for your other question, I have seen a few people mention the Tatula SV being noisy on the cast. I would just check everything, bearings, clean around the spool, GENTLY inspect and check the inductor, etc. This might eliminate it, I am not sure though, have only ever owned the Zillion SV TW's and they have been quiet so far.

SapperTyler
Angler
Angler

Post by SapperTyler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:32 am

I found the issue, the brake magnet housing on the side plate is loose causing a rattle when the brakes disengage. W I need to figure out house to fix it