Tatula Type R Handle Bearings

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Tatula Type R Handle Bearings

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:01 pm

I replaced the plastic bushings with stainless steel bearings. When I tighten the screw down the knob gets tightened down as well. What am I doing wrong or am I missing a piece? It happens to both knobs. I upgraded the bushings to bearings on my 2018 100 Tatula and the knobs spin freely.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Re: Tatula Type R Handle Bearings

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:09 pm

Sounds like you have a shim washer that is still on the handle shaft from the original knobs. Look carefully, they are thin and easy to overlook. I have had to use a razor blade to get them to let go before.You could also be tightening the screw down onto the bearing and the bottom of the bearing is on the top of the shaft, not lined up correctly.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

HobeyBaker
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by HobeyBaker » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:58 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:Sounds like you have a shim washer that is still on the handle shaft from the original knobs. Look carefully, they are thin and easy to overlook. I have had to use a razor blade to get them to let go before.You could also be tightening the screw down onto the bearing and the bottom of the bearing is on the top of the shaft, not lined up correctly.
Thanks. That did it.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:02 pm

HobeyBaker wrote:
hoohoorjoo wrote:Sounds like you have a shim washer that is still on the handle shaft from the original knobs. Look carefully, they are thin and easy to overlook. I have had to use a razor blade to get them to let go before.You could also be tightening the screw down onto the bearing and the bottom of the bearing is on the top of the shaft, not lined up correctly.
Thanks. That did it.
Personal experience talking :oops: I've done the same thing myself.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:37 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
HobeyBaker wrote:
Thanks. That did it.
Personal experience talking :oops: I've done the same thing myself.
It happens to the best of us. :lol:
<")))><{