Daiwa Tatula Handle Nut Cover?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Tatula Handle Nut Cover?

Post by 1nutinthewater » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:31 am

I have a few of the original Tats which came with the crappy plastic nut cover which is quite delicate and I have broken one. Anyone know of a suitable replacement or where i may find the original piece?
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula Handle Nut Cover?

Post by toddmc » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:30 pm

Any of the standard Daiwa handle nuts will work. They look better than the original also. You will need the small size nut plate to go with the screw that you already have. The Tackle Trap sells what you need. They also sell the original.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:34 pm

toddmc wrote:Any of the standard Daiwa handle nuts will work. They look better than the original also. You will need the small size nut plate to go with the screw that you already have. The Tackle Trap sells what you need. They also sell the original.
Even the small nut retainers will need to have the screw hole oblonged towards the nut part so the screw will go into the handle. Many of the Quantum nut retainers will work also, and they do look better.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 pm

I use a nut, retaining ring and screw from a Ray's DIY handle on my old Tatula Type R. You can get them on Aliexpress pretty cheap and in whatever color you want.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:29 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
toddmc wrote:Any of the standard Daiwa handle nuts will work. They look better than the original also. You will need the small size nut plate to go with the screw that you already have. The Tackle Trap sells what you need. They also sell the original.
Even the small nut retainers will need to have the screw hole oblonged towards the nut part so the screw will go into the handle. Many of the Quantum nut retainers will work also, and they do look better.
Yes. A few swipes with a small file or a small drill bit works.

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by toddmc » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:37 am

LowRange wrote:I use a nut, retaining ring and screw from a Ray's DIY handle on my old Tatula Type R. You can get them on Aliexpress pretty cheap and in whatever color you want.
The Ray's stuff is good also. They sent me a few free handle nuts and plates when I ordered a spool a few years ago. I don't know if they made a mistake, but I didn't complain. :D

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm

I am looking to replace the plastic nut cover not the nut, plate or the screw.
Our tradition is that of the first who sneaked away to the creek when tribe did not really need fish

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:00 am

1nutinthewater wrote:I am looking to replace the plastic nut cover not the nut, plate or the screw.
You do realize that this is Tackle Tour, not Bassresource, right? :lol:
<")))><{

1nutinthewater
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 1nutinthewater » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:08 am

LgMouthGambler wrote:
1nutinthewater wrote:I am looking to replace the plastic nut cover not the nut, plate or the screw.
You do realize that this is Tackle Tour, not Bassresource, right? :lol:
Never heard of a kastking....

Thanks y'all I found them