Upgrading bearing on slp and rcs alphas and steez sv spools

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
tditox4
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Upgrading bearing on slp and rcs alphas and steez sv spools

Post by tditox4 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 pm

Has anyone tried doing this? If so, what bearing did you use in the upgrade on the spool shaft? Is it an improvement over the stock bearing that the slp and rcs spools originally have installed on them? :-k I am going to try HH BFS AIR 1030 bearing on some spool shafts.

Sore Thumb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Upgrading bearing on slp and rcs alphas and steez sv spools

Post by Sore Thumb » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Not sure of an answer for your question, however, make sure you change shaft and side plate bearing together to provide a more balanced function.

Strewth
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Upgrading bearing on slp and rcs alphas and steez sv spools

Post by Strewth » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:11 am

tditox4 wrote:Has anyone tried doing this? If so, what bearing did you use in the upgrade on the spool shaft? Is it an improvement over the stock bearing that the slp and rcs spools originally have installed on them? :-k I am going to try HH BFS AIR 1030 bearing on some spool shafts.
Are talking about the 1012/1016 SV G1 spools bearings? These are good quality and, after a flush in acetone, gave me the same performance as Hedgehog ZRs when dipped in TSI 321. Never tried the BFS AIRs