Brass micro mod gears for Curado 70

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Brass micro mod gears for Curado 70

Post by LowRange » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 am

Has anyone confirmed that the Engetsu PG/HG micro mod gears fit the Curado and Scorpion 70? The reel is a 70 platform reel so I would assume they would fit. I'm not looking to do the swap myself because I have an Engetsu PG but am perplexed by the lack of discussion or interest. Did we forget the Scorpion 70 based Engetsu exists and that is has brass micro mod gears? I believe the Engetsu HG is 7.8:1 and the PG is 5.8:1.

http://www.shimanofish.com.au/content/f ... GETSU.html

hysupra
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Brass micro mod gears for Curado 70

Post by hysupra » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:36 am

I'd love to know this as well. I can't see why it wouldn't work.

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by DirtyD64 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:27 pm

Should definitely work. I notice the Engetsu sideplate (gear area) looks a little different, while the Curado 70's same spot looks more matte black material.

This gives me hope that there will eventually be a Curado 70 MGL, micro gears, MGL spool, etc. Would pay a chunk more gladly over the 70's price and my god that would be a perfect reel, just make sure they add the extra bearing on the main gear, haha.

kevkim
Angler
Angler

Post by kevkim » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:21 pm

LowRange wrote:Has anyone confirmed that the Engetsu PG/HG micro mod gears fit the Curado and Scorpion 70? The reel is a 70 platform reel so I would assume they would fit. I'm not looking to do the swap myself because I have an Engetsu PG but am perplexed by the lack of discussion or interest. Did we forget the Scorpion 70 based Engetsu exists and that is has brass micro mod gears? I believe the Engetsu HG is 7.8:1 and the PG is 5.8:1.

http://www.shimanofish.com.au/content/f ... GETSU.html
I posted about this in the Shimano Product support forum, and confirmed that the Engetsu 101hg gears fit into my Curado 71hg along with the clicking drag:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=79303