Alphabrake - New Kind of Braking?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Re: Alphabrake - New Kind of Braking?

Post by mark poulson » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 am

Svivlo wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:30 am
We exhibited at the biggest Swedish sportfishing fair this weekend and made a video of the trials. Sorry for not being able to translate all of the words, but the facial expressions should be enough.

https://youtu.be/B6MBoZn9zhk
I hope you can make this a profitable deal for you and your family.

Svivlo
Angler
Angler

Post by Svivlo » Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:18 am

mark poulson wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 am
Svivlo wrote:
We exhibited at the biggest Swedish sportfishing fair this weekend and made a video of the trials. Sorry for not being able to translate all of the words, but the facial expressions should be enough.

Thanks. Our investors would also like a small share ;-)
Fish Longer

fffishing
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by fffishing » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm

Svivlo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:18 am
mark poulson wrote:
Svivlo wrote:

Thanks a lot!Looks really good! I don't mind to invest for this project ,just interesting,if you can make this brakes on smaller reels,for BFS stile fishing

Svivlo
Angler
Angler

Post by Svivlo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:07 am

fffishing wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:53 pm
Svivlo wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:18 am
mark poulson wrote:
Svivlo wrote:

Thanks a lot!Looks really good! I don't mind to invest for this project ,just interesting,if you can make this brakes on smaller reels,for BFS stile fishing
We have a 150-reel planned as the next one if we succeed with the campaign.
Fish Longer

LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LowRange » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:46 am

I'll buy one. It would be cool if the brake could be made as a installation kit for the Abu Ambassadeur reels. A Swedish brake for a Swedish reel. I'll buy a chinease low profile with the brake in it but if it is a china OEM making it then they WILL steal it and make it themselves on $40 plastic reels. They may even sue you later claiming they invented it like they did with Saleen.

Svivlo
Angler
Angler

Post by Svivlo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:58 am

LowRange wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:46 am
I'll buy one. It would be cool if the brake could be made as a installation kit for the Abu Ambassadeur reels. A Swedish brake for a Swedish reel. I'll buy a chinease low profile with the brake in it but if it is a china OEM making it then they WILL steal it and make it themselves on $40 plastic reels. They may even sue you later claiming they invented it like they did with Saleen.
At this point building aftermarket products is too big of a hassle as the side plate needs to be custom made. Maybe in the future with more development.

The brake system is and will be made in Sweden, and it is nothing you can copy with cheap or simple manufacturing methods. IP theft is always a problem and we try to do what we can to protect ourselves.
Fish Longer