Abu Garcia revo

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Abu Garcia revo

Post by dcorp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Just got a Revo gen 3 winch and it has a loose part (see picture). Looking at the schematics this part isn't supposed to come off and its just part of the side plate. So how is it installed on and how do I put it back. If I put the handle back on it has a little bit of movement and I can hear it clicking.

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Abu Garcia revo

Post by dcorp » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:07 pm

I was trying to add a pic but it's not working. The part that im talking about is the circular part behind the handle that has all the holes in it.

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:59 pm

dcorp wrote:I was trying to add a pic but it's not working. The part that im talking about is the circular part behind the handle that has all the holes in it.
I would suggest you go online to the Abu Garcia website, and use the phone number there to contact someone who can answer your question. They are very helpful.
http://www.abugarcia.com/AbuGarcia-contact-us.html

cadman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cadman » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:49 am

dcorp, I have several Revo MGX's and it is similar to that, so the part was probably glued on. One of My Revo MGX's side plate ring fell off non handle side, and I didn't know it was gone. The part, is part of the side plate and is not sold separately. So I called ABU Garcia, and I have to buy the whole side plate which is $26.00. If you have the part it should be an easy fix. If you want, you can Pm me a pic and I will help you out. I have worked on many Revo reels.

dcorp
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by dcorp » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:56 am

cadman wrote:dcorp, I have several Revo MGX's and it is similar to that, so the part was probably glued on. One of My Revo MGX's side plate ring fell off non handle side, and I didn't know it was gone. The part, is part of the side plate and is not sold separately. So I called ABU Garcia, and I have to buy the whole side plate which is $26.00. If you have the part it should be an easy fix. If you want, you can Pm me a pic and I will help you out. I have worked on many Revo reels.
Thank you so much, I did a little research last night and you are correct. It is glued on. I was able to find a Japanese company that sold those "trim" pieces in different colors to make your reel look fancy. They said the part needs to be pried off and the new part glued on or stuck on with double sided sticky tape. I will just glue the piece back, again thanks for the help.