handle nut wrench

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

handle nut wrench

Post by mark poulson » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:16 am

I have Lew's, Quantum, and Abu baitcasters.
I currently use either a crescent wrench, or a socket on a screwdriver handle to loosen and tighten my handle nuts.
Is there a handle nut wrench that fits them all, like one with multiple holes in a flat wrench?

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: handle nut wrench

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:55 am

Cracker
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Cracker » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:50 am

PikeRoadBassn wrote:Hedgehog Studio Trust Wrench

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/420
Do you plan to start selling this wrench at TTT?

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:01 pm

We can get a few in to stock. We haven't had many request for them, but it wouldn't hurt to have 2 or 3 on hand.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:32 am

I bought 2 of these (one for a spare, just in case) and I really like it. It fits really well, the handle is pretty long so torque isn't an issue, and it's comfortable to use. It doesn't mar anodized surfaces either, which is really nice if you have anodized dress up parts.

http://www.bojoinc.com/index.php/all-co ... -xngl.html

mark poulson
TT Pro Angler
TT Pro Angler

Post by mark poulson » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am

Well, I remembered I used to have a universal box wrench...one with a med sized hex and a pivoting lever to force the nut against the hex portion, so any hex nut up to a certain size would be engaged and would turn. I probably got it at an old used tool store, The Tool Crib, 50 years ago. And knowing me, I knew I had it somewhere, because I never throw an tools away. :lol:
So I went down into the garage and went through all the drawers and tool boxes, and even my old carpenter's tool belt. Nada.
So I opened up my old work van, and went through all the drawers and tool boxes there, too. Again, nada.
But I did find a 10mm socket and a 1/4" screwdriver drive for it, so I have that to use.
Plus, I found a 10mm box wrench, and an old Quantum multi tool that came with a reel way back when, which also has a 10mm box wrench in it.
Sooo...I'm set. Thanks so much for all the ideas, and for lighting a fire under me to get down there and look!

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:17 am

Cracker wrote:
PikeRoadBassn wrote:Hedgehog Studio Trust Wrench

https://www.hedgehog-studio.co.jp/product/420
Do you plan to start selling this wrench at TTT?
As soon as the next Hedgehog order arrives, hopefully toward the end of next week, there will be some Trust Wrenches (Ver.3) in stock at The Tackle Trap.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap