Long distance spool for sv103

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
jjbassnforfun
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Long distance spool for sv103

Post by jjbassnforfun » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:36 am

I got my Steez HLC spool and fished it last weekend. Honestly didn't notice much difference from the steez spool I had with the HLC spring mod!! Both have flared in the middle of the cast and if left too loose you'll wind up picking the nest out of them.

I wound up going back to the ZLN SV TW spool in my SV103 as it was more reliable and I could chuck them almost as far........ So far(for me anyway) my OG ZLN CC with the HLC spool has been the best at chucking monster deep cranks. Plus it holds more line too. I'll stick to medium cranks with the SV103 and the ZLN SV spool.
2012 Stratos 285XL 150 Etec HO

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:41 pm

What I have done which has worked with a SS SV spool and should work for the SV103 is to change the Inductor cup on the spool to one of the Rays Spool inductors. It made a big difference with casting to my SS Spool.

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:25 pm

BARRAMANIAC wrote:What I have done which has worked with a SS SV spool and should work for the SV103 is to change the Inductor cup on the spool to one of the Rays Spool inductors. It made a big difference with casting to my SS Spool.
I have sv103 and DIY spools just laying about and find this interesting. Do you have a link to description of how to make the change or is it so easy that no link is needed?
Cheers Michael

BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:04 am

Dalleinf wrote:
BARRAMANIAC wrote:What I have done which has worked with a SS SV spool and should work for the SV103 is to change the Inductor cup on the spool to one of the Rays Spool inductors. It made a big difference with casting to my SS Spool.
I have sv103 and DIY spools just laying about and find this interesting. Do you have a link to description of how to make the change or is it so easy that no link is needed?
Cheers Michael
Just a swap of the inductor, It can be tricky trying to get the e clip back on afterwards , no easy way , got to hold down spring and washer with a small screwdriver or tweezers while using a set of tweezers to seat the e clip than push it all the way on .

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:04 am

Thanks a lot. Will give it a go.

aqua71
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by aqua71 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:57 am

I'm very happy to hear this as I was recently thinking about having my reel mechanic replace all the inductors on my SV103's with the Rays spool inductors. What (if you know) is the difference in dimensions between the two inductors? Also, is it safe to assume my SV103's will not feel over-braked after the sawap?

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:27 am

LowRange wrote:
78Staff wrote:
78Staff wrote:I ordered an Daiwa SLP Works Deep Spool 36mm for a TD-Z100ML from buyee.jp, but when it came in it was a 34mm spoon in a 36mm package. I've started the return process but I may just hang on to it for SV of OG Steez use. It's a fixed inducter 16g with bearing, but other than that don't know much about it. Might be worth keeping, esp if they expect me to pay to ship it back.
Well looks like i am keeping it, turns out the package says NOT for 100M/100ML lol. Chalk it up to a translation issue on my end. Oh well, on the bright side I got a nice 34mm Gigas Deep Spool I can surely find a use for :o

I've never heard of that spool. Is it like an SLP version of the TD-Z Big Bait Special spool?
sorry I must have missed this - tbh I do not know - it's a black, deep spool with fixed purple inductor and 16g as I mentioned before. Doesn't really look like the BBS spool. Here is the original listing with pictures as well.

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/g268078901

Dalleinf
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Dalleinf » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:15 am

BARRAMANIAC wrote:
Dalleinf wrote:
Cheers Michael
Just a swap of the inductor, It can be tricky trying to get the e clip back on afterwards , no easy way , got to hold down spring and washer with a small screwdriver or tweezers while using a set of tweezers to seat the e clip than push it all the way on .
I performed the surgery today and while I did have some issues with that C clip :-({|= I am very happy with the outcome. A big improvement to the SV103 spool in my hands. Again, thank you.