Where to send my Diawa Steez for tune up.

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
BAZZMAZZA
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Where to send my Diawa Steez for tune up.

Post by BAZZMAZZA » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Fellow Anglers,
I am looking for information on the best places to send my reels for service. I have a Diawa Steez i bought back in 2011 and I have run it through its paces with hundreds of Bass, and hundreds of heavy Salmon in Alaska. I have always kept it well maintained but it is showing and beginning to feel its age. I want to get it like new again. I just moved to Florida and need to get her back to running in tip top shape again.

Looking for a place I can send it for service and upgrades. Would appreciate any ideas you have for upgrades too.

FISH-ON...

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Where to send my Diawa Steez for tune up.

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:37 am

We would be happy to take care of your reel here at The Tackle Trap. We are an authorized Daiwa Service Center, and carry many upgrades for Daiwa reels, from bearings to spool options, etc. You can reach us via phone at 1-256-281-6160 or by email at tackletrapreelrepair@gmail.com

-Bryan
The Tackle Trap

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 am

Steez + Dr Ian Shields = magic

hungry_cow
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by hungry_cow » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:21 am

Either of those two. I have never sent a reel to tackle trap but they are a first rate company to deal with and Gary over there is an enthusiast tackle nut not just a store owner. I am sure they would do a great job.

Ian Shields is who I have sent my reels to. He does a fantastic job servicing and upgrading reels and I 100% trust him. He can at times have a bit of a lengthy turnaround depending on how busy is but his work is absolutely first rate. I have never heard of him having a customer any less than thrilled.

LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:45 am

Send it to Spanky at Tackle Trap. Wouldnt trust anyone else (besides myself) to work on my reels.
<")))><{

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by goldrod » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:26 pm

what “upgrades” are you looking for
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by igl00jx » Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:56 am

Spanks(Bryan) or Ian are who I'd trust my reels to. Top grade guys and service for sure.

BAZZMAZZA
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by BAZZMAZZA » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks everyone. The recommendations are much appreciated.

As far as upgrades are concerned honestly I wouldn't know. Even from the factory they are bomber how much better can they get..

If it were your reel what would you do to it?

Again thanks..

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:33 am

At a minimum I would upgrade to carbontex drags and a quality set of bearings. I run several original Steez reels, and all feature carbontex drags and ZPI bearings. There is not much they can't and or won't do.

Dexter
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Dexter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 am

Spot on with carbonx drag upgrade and zpi's. Additionally, an internal polish, new spool depending on the use and longer handle...say 95 or 100mm. Function over form...bling optional. I've got 3 and couple of is 73's. Just great reels.