Help Needed

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
breamtim
Angler
Angler

Help Needed

Post by breamtim » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 am

Hi Guys

Recently took apart my Daiwa Silver Wolf SV casting reel, to change the handle. Ended up taking the drag star off too, but now I can't get the nut that sits under the drag star to screw on. It screws on fine for a few turns, then just stops and won't go further. I've tried flipping the nut upside down, but it doesn't work either. I'm quite new (obviously!) to reel upgrades, so any help on how to get this nut on would be greatly appreciated.
I can take pictures if needed.
Thanks, Tim

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Help Needed

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:18 am

Sometimes those nuts will hang where the shoulder on the drive shaft is. With the spool in the reel, hold pressure on the spool with your thumb. Assure that you do not have the nut cross threaded. Install the drag star on top of the nut, without the spring. Slowly begin to tighten the drag star. If it doesn’t want to go, back it off and again make sure it’s not cross threaded. It can be a pain, but should go. Then once you get the nut down, remove the drag star and install the spring, drag star, Handle, etc.