Daiwa spool sizes.

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Post Reply
new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:53 am

Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by new2BC4bass » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:56 pm

Is there a list somewhere giving spools sizes for all Diawa reels? It would be super if spool lengths were also included. Thanks.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1126
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: Donkin, Nova Scotia

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by adam lancia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:15 am

This is about as close as you'll get: http://jdmfishing.com/

Not sure where you'd find spool widths though.

new2BC4bass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 550
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:53 am

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by new2BC4bass » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:13 pm

Thanks for the link. Lots of reel specifications there, but spool size wasn't one of them.

I knew my Airy Red didn't come with the correct spool. I asked Ian about it and he said he didn't notice a difference between the Pixy spools (when casting). Therefore I decided not to try and find the correct one for my reel. Thanks to your link I now know what the difference is between the spool in my Airy Red and what was suppose to be in it. Just one more way the seller gouged me.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5701
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:08 am

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -
OG Zillion platform - 36 mm
Steez, Tdz (except 100m), T3, SS SV, SV103 - 34 mm
Alphas platforms - 33 mm
SS Air, Alphas Air, T3 Air - 32 mm
Pixy platforms - 31 mm
I feel something is not right. I'm sure someone will catch it.

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2049
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by LowRange » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -
OG Zillion platform - 36 mm
Steez, Tdz (except 100m), T3, SS SV, SV103 - 34 mm
Alphas platforms - 33 mm
SS Air, Alphas Air, T3 Air - 32 mm
Pixy platforms - 31 mm
I feel something is not right. I'm sure someone will catch it.
The T3 and TDZ 34 mm spools differ in shaft length by a tiny bit. Enough that TDZ spool becomes untameable in a T3 due to tue inabilty to set the spool tension. This is what I have heard. I haven't done the swap myself. If it is just a 1 mil tolerance issue then the spools could be shimed to work.

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4850
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Teal101 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:26 am

Hogsticker2 wrote:Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -
OG Zillion platform and TD-Z 100m - 36 mm
Steez, Tdz (except 100m), T3, SS SV, SV103 - 34 mm
Alphas platforms - 33 mm
SS Air, Alphas Air, T3 Air - 32 mm
Pixy platforms - 31 mm
I feel something is not right. I'm sure someone will catch it.
Just added the 100m to the 36mm category, other than that spot on :big grin:
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 5701
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Teal101 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -
OG Zillion platform and TD-Z 100m - 36 mm
Steez, Tdz (except 100m), T3, SS SV, SV103 - 34 mm
Alphas platforms - 33 mm
SS Air, Alphas Air, T3 Air - 32 mm
Pixy platforms - 31 mm
I feel something is not right. I'm sure someone will catch it.
Just added the 100m to the 36mm category, other than that spot on :big grin:
Not bad considering I learned from you :lol:

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4850
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Teal101 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:25 pm

Hogsticker2 wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:Somebody correct me if I'm wrong -
OG Zillion platform and TD-Z 100m - 36 mm
Steez, Tdz (except 100m), T3, SS SV, SV103 - 34 mm
Alphas platforms - 33 mm
SS Air, Alphas Air, T3 Air - 32 mm
Pixy platforms - 31 mm
I feel something is not right. I'm sure someone will catch it.
Just added the 100m to the 36mm category, other than that spot on :big grin:
Not bad considering I learned from you :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well at least you and I believe I'm right :lol:
I like TD-Z's
Instagram: teal_101_jdm

spencerinstl
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1406
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by spencerinstl » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm

So, do the Steez CT SV TW 700 and Alphas CT SV 70 have the same size spool?
Thanks for the epiphany captain obvious

Aquaftm45
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:36 pm

spencerinstl wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:18 pm
So, do the Steez CT SV TW 700 and Alphas CT SV 70 have the same size spool?
Yes sir, they do. 30MM

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: Lake Guntersville

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by BigG » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 am

Z2020 ?

Aquaftm45
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 763
Joined: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by Aquaftm45 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:18 am

BigG wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 am
Z2020 ?
38MM

A nice little piece from Daiwa AU, (how do they have more informative website than Daiwa USA?)

https://daiwafishing.com.au/blogs/news/ ... -goldsmith

BigG
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2187
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: Lake Guntersville

Re: Daiwa spool sizes.

Post by BigG » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:32 am

Aquaftm45 wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:18 am
BigG wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:43 am
Z2020 ?
38MM

A nice little piece from Daiwa AU, (how do they have more informative website than Daiwa USA?)

https://daiwafishing.com.au/blogs/news/ ... -goldsmith
Thanks, put into my favorites. :D

Post Reply