Tackle Trap/Pike Road Reel Service

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
LgMouthGambler
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Tackle Trap/Pike Road Reel Service

Post by LgMouthGambler » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:08 pm

papabassin wrote:I've never worked directly with Bryan, because every reel of mine he has worked on or is currently working on was arranged by Gary. But I will say, his work is nothing short of incredible in my opinion. Every single thing I have had him do from just swapping a handle to full on supertunes have been flawless. I have trusted him with with many of my reels including a mint TD-Z, Monoblock Ito Gambler, NIB Zonda Green Illusion, Metallic Black Personal Order, Steez SV TW, and he's currently working on my NIB 09 Aldebaran MG7, & NIB TD-Ito. And I'm sure those won't be the last reels of mine he works on! All of the guys at Tackle Trap are stand up guys and every single interaction I have had with them has been nothing short of first class. I'm a customer for life.
Just one request...more IG pics please :D
<")))><{

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by papabassin » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:16 pm

LgMouthGambler wrote:
papabassin wrote:I've never worked directly with Bryan, because every reel of mine he has worked on or is currently working on was arranged by Gary. But I will say, his work is nothing short of incredible in my opinion. Every single thing I have had him do from just swapping a handle to full on supertunes have been flawless. I have trusted him with with many of my reels including a mint TD-Z, Monoblock Ito Gambler, NIB Zonda Green Illusion, Metallic Black Personal Order, Steez SV TW, and he's currently working on my NIB 09 Aldebaran MG7, & NIB TD-Ito. And I'm sure those won't be the last reels of mine he works on! All of the guys at Tackle Trap are stand up guys and every single interaction I have had with them has been nothing short of first class. I'm a customer for life.
Just one request...more IG pics please :D
Lol. Will do! :lol:

Rippin-lips
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Rippin-lips » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:55 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your reel but I can confidently say that Bryan isn't going to do that to a customers reel. He has worked and two of my reels for me so far. Both of which were custom painted and were returned unharmed in any way. Not to mention the hundreds of other reels he's serviced for customers. I've had a fair amount of communication with him 'mainly questions' and he's always been more than willing to help me. Even though I'm not paying him for his knowledge. I try my best to give TTT any business that I can. Keep up the great work fellas.

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:22 am

Morning TT,
I have 3 never fished Stella FE's that I would like to have cleaned/re-lubed as they do not feel as smooth as new. I play with them a lot in the house and I guess over 5-6 years grease/oil would change somehow.

Anyways you would feel comfortable sending these in and coming back 100% flawless?

Shimano or this Tackle Trap employee? Thanks.

Rick

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:33 am

karirick wrote:Morning TT,
I have 3 never fished Stella FE's that I would like to have cleaned/re-lubed as they do not feel as smooth as new. I play with them a lot in the house and I guess over 5-6 years grease/oil would change somehow.

Anyways you would feel comfortable sending these in and coming back 100% flawless?

Rick
Any time you entrust yours reels to a shipping company you're taking a risk. I don't know Bryan or Gary personally but considering their reputations (with the exception of this individual occurrence...) I wouldn't hesitate to send them a set of reels, even brand new Stella's.

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

Had Bryan do reassembly and cleaning on a freshly painted TD-Z with some new stock sideplates. Everyone knows how fragile that TD-Z paint is. Reel came back absolutely flawless and functioning perfectly. Would highly recommend them.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:58 pm

Thank you Evan. That reel turned out fantastic by the way!

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:59 pm

Adam, thank you very much. That means a lot to us.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by PikeRoadBassn » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm

karirick wrote:Morning TT,

Rick
Rick, I've worked on many Stella's over the years. As I stated previously in this post, I take the upmost pride in my work, and feel you would be very satisfied with your reels upon return. Feel free to PM me or email me at Tackletrapreelrepair@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks, Bryan

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Thank you Bryan; I would very much like you to service all 3 of my Stella's. I will contact you soon for arrangements/cost etc. Thanks for your reply. Have a good night.

Rick

cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by cortman » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:34 am

PikeRoadBassn wrote:Thank you Evan. That reel turned out fantastic by the way!
=D> You deserve accolades for your work on that! Thanks too.

rockchalk06
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by rockchalk06 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:33 am

I just got off the phone with Bryan. Had a question about some parts I purchased from the Trap and the installation process. He was able to fix me up.

After I hung up, I started thinking. Hell, he could have just said you are SOL or send it to him. 20-25 bucks for shipping, whatever he charges for repairs and parts if needed. I'd be out the reel for a week maybe longer, but one question and explanation and I'm set.

If that's not CS, I don't know what the hell is!

Fishing4Fun
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Fishing4Fun » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:22 pm

karirick wrote:Thank you Bryan; I would very much like you to service all 3 of my Stella's. I will contact you soon for arrangements/cost etc. Thanks for your reply. Have a good night.

Rick
You won't be disappointed. I had some reservations at first after having 2 bad experiences with 'professional' reel service techs in the past. Talked to Bryan for a bit via email and felt good about sending him some JDM reels. So packaged up a custom painted/tricked out Alphas, an Exscence DC, and a Met 50mg. All 3 reels came black flawless with not a single mark on them unlike previous techs. Every reel was as smooth as butter, bearings were silent but deadly, and the turnaround time was very good. It was everything I was hoping for.

I would highly recommend his work to anyone no matter the reel or the work needed. Just tell him what you need done and he will get you taken care of =D>

karirick
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by karirick » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:20 am

Thanks again my Stella's will be shipped to Tackle Trap for service tomorrow. I'm nervous.

I'm 46 y/o in a couple weeks and have never sent a reel in for service. My original Chronarch 101 pearl white is still smooth; but the drag is rough. I don't fish it; it's just followed me around for my 24 year career in the Coast Guard and who knows how many moves.

Anyways; the Stella's are my pride and joy's so hoping they come back as they left which Bryan assured me they will.

Have a good day all.

Rick

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by ss30378 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 am

It's been a little while since this post has had an update but I will say that Bryan and TTT are first rate. I had 2 reels tuned and a 3rd (best of all) that will be completed soon which will be completely redone. I live close enough to TTT so I can hand deliver and pick up my stuff and can talk to Bryan personally. He's a stand up guy that takes great pride in what he does and I have nothing but praise for his work. The sheer amount of high dollar reels he has in his workshop is impressive, old, new, rare, casting, spinning there's a little bit of everything.

Have no fear sending your prized reels to him.