Chronarch 101B

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Chronarch 101B

Post by Pegasus » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:29 pm

Just wondering if anybody has any idea on how to eliminate the side to side back play on the handle.
When I hold the spool to prevent it from moving, the handle will display this back play any ideas
how to fix it ? Can I send it to somebody ? the reel otherwise is in pristine condition.

Regards

John Puckett
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Chronarch 101B

Post by John Puckett » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:44 am

As bad as I hate to say this (because the CH B is one of my all time favorite reels) but I'm pretty sure you're stuck having to live with the play. I've changed roller bearings a couple of times in mine but the play always come back. I'm a Shimano guy to the bone and even though this slight amount of back play is present in most of my Shimano's it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do realize that there are lots of guys this does bother and I'm not sure why Shimano can't fix the issue. We all know it's possible because Daiwa's very rarely exhibit this issue.

Pegasus
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Chronarch 101B

Post by Pegasus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks
Yes I love the reel as well its a solid performer, the play doesn't bother me, but I would love it more if it could be eliminated
in some way. I do realize that Shimano will never fix it its like a trademark of some kind.
Thank you for replying, I appreciate the insight.