where to order reel parts?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

where to order reel parts?

Post by sofinesse » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:32 pm

I have mostly been ordering my parts from Mike's reel repair, but my last order has been on hold since August 2013. They said some parts are still on back order, but should have been in by November. I kept forgetting to contact them since I figured something would be in the mail. I just emailed them and they're going to ship the parts they have on hand. I originally said it was ok to wait and have all the the parts shipped at once to save on shipping cost on their end, and to reduce mix-ups like they had with my last order in which a part was missing, then also back ordered. they also stick me with a foreign transaction tax deal because they are based in Canada. I just liked them because they carry reel parts from Shimano, Daiwa, and Abu and I can get all my parts from one dealer, even though the ship time is pretty slow, well extra slow for me, but I think the normal time is 2-6 weeks.
anyway, pardon my short rant, does anybody know of a shop that deals in abu, shimano, and daiwa reel parts? Or would I be better off just ordering from their respective warranty centers?

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: where to order reel parts?

Post by bronzefly » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:22 pm

The Tackle Trap has a nice selection of both Shimano and Daiwa parts. We special order parts from both companies on a weekly basis most often. We don't do a lot with Abu parts, though we have a few and could special order from them as well if necessary.

http://www.tackletrap.com/

sofinesse
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: where to order reel parts?

Post by sofinesse » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:42 pm

Thanks Gary,
Will order parts from you the Tackletrap next time around. :)