Caldia line roller bearing question

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Von
Angler
Angler

Caldia line roller bearing question

Post by Von » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 am

So I bought a bearing to replace the bushing in the line roller. Replaced bushing and screwed bail arm back in place. Then took a small section of fishing line to run it across the line roller to see if it rotates and it doesn't even move! I tried loosening the screw and still nothing. What gives?! :-k Any ideas?
Love the smell of Powerbait in the morning.

ctm23
Angler
Angler

Re: Caldia line roller bearing question

Post by ctm23 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 am

I think you forgot a washer as a spacer. Search google for Caldia roller. There are older TT treads on doing this also:

Re: Supertuning Daiwa Caldia 2000 Bearings
by Guest » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 pm

The line roller on the other hand. I may need to see if anyone has any input. The Caldia is set up with 2 bushings. one larger bushing on the bail arm side, and another bushing inside the line roller. I can't seem to source the larger bushing, I may eventually size it out and order one from boca.
Now on to the smaller bearing ordered from the Fuego (G68-6901). Like a dummy I had only ordered the bearing without looking into the washers, spacers, and/or o-rings that are shown in the drawings between different diawa reels.
The bearing fits nicely inside the line roller, which replaces the brass collar and the small white bushing. Although, the bearing doesn't want to spin because I am missing washers.... I have been comparing drawings and cannot find a drawing that looks like the caldia assembly.
I am leaning towards the TD Advantage reel that shows the bearing w/ washers.

hello Hyintegrity,
the info i put up earlier should fix your problem. i've performed that upgrade to 2 cadias (2000 and 2004) as well as a bradia 3000. (the bradia has the same brass/nylon bushing.

there should be a brass bushing with a nylon ring around it, replace that with a bearing (should be 3x6x2.5mm) and a washer each side(daiwa sol part #6F897101) . (dont worry about the nylon ring being off centre with the brass bushing, it doesnt matter)
thats all you need to do.

if you dont understand i can take mine apart and take pics.

hope that helps.Guest

ctm23
Angler
Angler

Post by ctm23 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:50 am

Mike052
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Mike052 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 pm

ctm23 Thanks for wonderful website!!!
[url=http://forum.urduwire.com/front-line-f126/]Front Line[/url]

jeb
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by jeb » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:57 am

Anyone have a suggestion as to where to source the bearing and washers for this?

jm529
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jm529 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 am

i would keep the plastic roller bushings in your reels, they seem to last a lot longer then the bearings. i have a caldia kix that i fished hard for at least 6-7 yrs with no problems at all with the line roller. the line roller bearings in my certates and sols all make noise after awhile and need to be cleaned and greased or replaced.