Daiwa Tuning Data Repository

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Daiwa Tuning Data Repository

Post by Tokugawa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:55 am

OK guys, here is the most recent spreadsheet.

http://db.tt/TQsEdKv

Again, if anyone wants to become a contributor to add data that is not already present, please PM me with your email address.

Toku

Dug
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Tuning Data Repository

Post by Dug » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:50 pm

That's good stuff, thanks!!

Dug

thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by thelatrobe33 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:52 am

Glad to see that you're as OCD as me when it comes to fishing Tok. I have spreadsheets galore!

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:51 pm

thelatrobe33 wrote:Glad to see that you're as OCD as me when it comes to fishing Tok. I have spreadsheets galore!
Oh yeah - this one...and my rod/reel combo log...and my fishing log...and my tackle log. Yikes!! :big grin:

Wanna know a secret? We're the normal ones. :lol:

urbnimports
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by urbnimports » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:10 am

now i don't feel so bad that i have a full excel inventory of all my gear lol...thanks for making me feel normal.
www.neaafishing.com
http://forum.neaafishing.com

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:31 am

I hope no one ever needs it for this, but it also a good record for insurance purposes...

Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Finnz922 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Tokugawa,

What model of scale do you use to weigh these items? It would be interesting to see more added to the list. Such as, other Daiwa reels and to fill in some of the blanks, other brands, and maybe upgrade paths that others have had success with. By no means am I saying your list is bad I love it and I am definitely a nube at all of this and found this to be very helpful.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Finnz922 wrote:Tokugawa,

What model of scale do you use to weigh these items? It would be interesting to see more added to the list. Such as, other Daiwa reels and to fill in some of the blanks, other brands, and maybe upgrade paths that others have had success with. By no means am I saying your list is bad I love it and I am definitely a nube at all of this and found this to be very helpful.
Hi Finnz,

I used a kitchen scale by Taylor. Not super duper accurate, but good enough for jazz.

I am hoping to add some items this winter....just too busy right now. Someone else will have to "own" the Shimano or Abu stuff. I'm just not as versed in those brands.

Glad it was helpful. :D

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Good351 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Here is some data to add:

TDZ 103/105 Deep Spool (the one with the purple fixed inductor) 15.94 g

ZPI Deep Spool for TDZ 103/105 10.15 g

ZPI Shallow Spool for TDZ 103/105 12.51 g

These were weighed with bearing.

LPFC
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by LPFC » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Fantastic spreadsheets. My wife laughs at me for my spreadsheets. Excel is a powerful program not many people use formula's. My wife laughed at me until I made her timesheet easier to do with formula's, :whistle: :whistle:

VERY NICE =D>

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:52 am

LPFC wrote:Fantastic spreadsheets. My wife laughs at me for my spreadsheets. Excel is a powerful program not many people use formula's. My wife laughed at me until I made her timesheet easier to do with formula's, :whistle: :whistle:

VERY NICE =D>
Thanks! I need to find time to update this...sigh....

poker_lamina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by poker_lamina » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I think Good351 had these switched around. My shallow Zpi spool,RC-002-GP-T, weighs 10g w/bearing. I would also like to add the Pixy 68SPR spool @12 g w/bearing to the table. The scale that I used for weight is a Taylor " The Biggest Loser" food scale.

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Found an updated version...I thought the link looked old :lol:

http://db.tt/zTDRJmGK

Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Good351 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:33 pm

poker_lamina wrote:

I think Good351 had these switched around. My shallow Zpi spool,RC-002-GP-T, weighs 10g w/bearing. I would also like to add the Pixy 68SPR spool @12 g w/bearing to the table. The scale that I used for weight is a Taylor " The Biggest Loser" food scale.
Sorry I didn't see this earlier.. I weighed my spools on a Mettler PM4600 Delta Range Balance. http://www.labextreme.com/detail.cfm?autonumber=59243 That "biggest looser" food scale is kind of a toy compared to this instrument.. In the past I've also weighed arrow points to match a set of arrows exactly.. Points coming from Easton are held to high weight tolerances..my numbers have always jived with what Easton said they were supposed to be.

I weighed several other spools as well (Sol and Presso) and I got the same numbers that were already in the table..Didn't see a need to report them. The deep version of the ZPI is lighter for sure..I can feel that comparing them in hand..

Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator

Post by Tokugawa » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Good351 wrote:
poker_lamina wrote:

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.. I weighed my spools on a Mettler PM4600 Delta Range Balance. http://www.labextreme.com/detail.cfm?autonumber=59243 That "biggest looser" food scale is kind of a toy compared to this instrument.. In the past I've also weighed arrow points to match a set of arrows exactly.. Points coming from Easton are held to high weight tolerances..my numbers have always jived with what Easton said they were supposed to be.

I weighed several other spools as well (Sol and Presso) and I got the same numbers that were already in the table..Didn't see a need to report them. The deep version of the ZPI is lighter for sure..I can feel that comparing them in hand..
It makes sense that the deep spool is lighter as it has less material to make the arbor. Where the shallow spool makes up the difference is when line is on the spool. This, of course, assumes an equal wall thickness and material density.