Daiwa Millionaire CZ-Z253LA

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
senkoman85
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Daiwa Millionaire CZ-Z253LA

Post by senkoman85 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:21 am

Just bought this reel and wondering about upgrading it. The first thing that HAS TO GO is the Handle, it's ugly (to me) and takes a lot away from the reel.

I looked on Japan Tackle and didn't see anything handle-wise that would "match" the reel. It isn't a lightwieght reel and never will be, so I'm going for more asthetics then anything else.

Other then the handle, I think it's an awesome reel (But I havn't used it yet). Is there anything else you would recommend that I upgrade? Will Carbontex Drag washers increase the drag pressure by MUCH???

I've never fooled with upgrading reels, this is my first daiwa and I feel it's about time I got around to supertuning.

zenbassr
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Daiwa Millionaire CZ-Z253LA

Post by zenbassr » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:39 am

senkoman85 wrote:...Other then the handle, I think it's an awesome reel (But I havn't used it yet). Is there anything else you would recommend that I upgrade?
the TDZ handle looks nice on the millionaire but there are a ton of options. i would strongly recommend tracking down the CVZ EAS sideplate. another option that probably would work would be the TD Luna 203/253 sideplate... :idea:

if you like to tinker, slap in some carbontex and bring the reel up to JDM specs by installing the forged drag star (and dont forget the silver thumbar too)
Last edited by zenbassr on Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cal » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:46 am

senkoman85 wrote: Is there anything else you would recommend that I upgrade?
If you can get Jun to find you the upgraded sideplate so you can adjust the magnets from outside the reel, that is a must and HIGHLY recommended upgrade on those reels.

it looks similar to this from the I'ZE Light: lower left hand corner:
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

senkoman85
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by senkoman85 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:20 pm

I sent an e-mail to the one provided on Japan tackle asking for the upgraded versions of the parts. It appears to me that they are simply trying to sell me the same part. What specifically should I be asking for??? The person I am dealing with says that Daiwa doesn't supply a mag breaking system that is externally adjustable for this reel...

Also, I checked out the LUNA 253LA. Would I be better off ordering the parts off of that reel through Daiwa US?? The handle and drag knob looks to be very nice (much better then my stamped handle/drag knob) and the sideplate offers the magnetic breaks to be externally adjustable.