Grease?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
JBA
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Grease?

Post by JBA » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:01 am

I am currently trying out two different kinds of grease one is superlube the other is hotsauce. I have used hot sauce before and had good luck with it I started using the superlube a couple of months ago it seems thicker than hotsauce. What is everyones opinion on both?

ReelDoc/KS
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Grease?

Post by ReelDoc/KS » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:15 am

JBA wrote:I am currently trying out two different kinds of grease one is superlube the other is hotsauce. I have used hot sauce before and had good luck with it I started using the superlube a couple of months ago it seems thicker than hotsauce. What is everyones opinion on both?
I use SuperLube in my shop and have since I opened the doors. It's an excellent 100% synthetic grease with Teflon. Hot sauce grease stays in place a little better, but that miserable red dye gets on EVERYTHING!!

www.super-lube.com/product_description.htm

Doc

termigator
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by termigator » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:18 am

I use SuperLube in my shop and have since I opened the doors. It's an excellent 100% synthetic grease with Teflon. Hot sauce grease stays in place a little better, but that miserable red dye gets on EVERYTHING!!

www.super-lube.com/product_description.htm

Doc[/quote]

I hear ya. Hot Sauce oil is great too, but it also sucks for the same reason you mentioned.
I used to use SuperLube a long time ago, but they don't seem nearly as common as they used to be.
I just recently tried Reel Butter and it seems to be really smooth and quiet. Whether my reels will stay way remains to be seen. I'll just have to wait, but it's looking very good so far.

JBA
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by JBA » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:19 am

I'll have to agree on the fact that the hotsauce does stain everything red. But I do like the fact that I can see if it needs to be replaced. The superlube seems pretty good too. I thought that I read that some people did not like the teflon lubes for some reason. I am anxiously waitng to hear more about the reel butter grease.