daiwa viento maintenance

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
illinoisbassfishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

daiwa viento maintenance

Post by illinoisbassfishin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:25 pm

I have had my viento for over a year now and all i have done is keep the spool bearings clean and oiled and haven't did a full cleaning on it yet but i have become very good at cleaning baitcasters so i was doing to clean this one out now but i was wondering if anyone has did their vientos yet and how it came apart? just wondering if there are any springs or anything that will go flying from the twtichin' bar or anything like that cause i have no idea how that twitchin bar is assembled i have always been afraid to take it apart to clean and grease the gears and such. let me know if any of you have did a viento and how they are to take apart cause if its risky i'll just have it sent in but i'd like to save the money for more fishing equipment lol.

ChuckE
TT Gear Crew
TT Gear Crew

Re: daiwa viento maintenance

Post by ChuckE » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:35 pm

ILbassfishin,
The Viento is very similiar to the other Daiwa low profiles, except for the extra idler gear that ties from the twitching bar to the Drive Gear. I assume you have a schematic for the reel. You could use the Sol article found in the review section as a general guide for disassembly/reassembly:
http://www.tackletour.com/articlereelma ... tdsol.html

You won't find anything that will jump out of the reel as you remove the handle plate. When you disassemble the reel, you find the typical E-Clips, yoke springs, and bearing retainers, that tend to have a mind of their own and 'will fly away' if you aren't careful (in the same locations as the other Daiwa low profiles).

Chuck