Where to get original stx bearings?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
rico.29
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Where to get original stx bearings?

Post by rico.29 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:57 pm

Hello,
i'm the lucky owner of the revo stx and this is really :shock: the best i've ever hold.
i guess its performances are due, in parts, to his bearings, so i'm looking for some stx bearings to the right size to fit my td-z.
do anybody know where i can get some?

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Where to get original stx bearings?

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:54 am

You might want to look up DR on here. I know he was trying to find out where to get the bearings a while back...he may have found out by now.

So you like your STX better than your TD-Z?? I own an STX and I absolutely love mine as well. I've never fished with a Z, so I can't comment there. But the STX just feels better and better every time I cast with it...

Justin

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:10 am

RECO,

Call ABU. You should be able to get them through their repair department.

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

rico.29
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by rico.29 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:21 am

well, in fact this reel is better, for me, than my conquest DC, than my tdZ or my millionaire bay casting SP (all my daiwa are upgrade with zpi bearings).
first time i've casted with it :shock: :shock: i didn't believe it , i run and take my td z and my conquest dc, and with the same rod (etna xdti) and braided line power pro 20 lb (i fish seabass and pike), and with a samy 100 ... guess who is the winner (in term of casting distance).... my stx.
i find it very easy to set and its performances are insane. :evil22:

frogpond11
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by frogpond11 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:30 am

I've had similar experiences as you Rico. I couldn't believe how well my STX casted when I first took it out on the lake that first time. It really is a great reel.

Bass Pro
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Bass Pro » Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:21 pm

rico.29 wrote:well, in fact this reel is better, for me, than my conquest DC, than my tdZ or my millionaire bay casting SP (all my daiwa are upgrade with zpi bearings).
first time i've casted with it :shock: :shock: i didn't believe it , i run and take my td z and my conquest dc, and with the same rod (etna xdti) and braided line power pro 20 lb (i fish seabass and pike), and with a samy 100 ... guess who is the winner (in term of casting distance).... my stx.
i find it very easy to set and its performances are insane. :evil22:
Yep, everyone I've talked to has said the same thing about the Revo STX. I love mine- all 3 of them :lol:

The STX kept purely stock is untouchable in casting and pure power vs anything else on the market. Plus the drag is monstrous!