HRF option

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

HRF option

Post by Silv3Rz » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:18 am

have anyone upgraded a HRF before? as for handles... what type should i be looking for that will fit?

adambrister
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: HRF option

Post by adambrister » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:06 am

I haven't upgraded an HRF, but it is similar to an Advantage 153HST. Standard Daiwa-type handles will fit this reel just fine. You could use ZPI, Bassart or a TD-Z handle from Daiwa for more bearings, and also the ability to change out the knobs should you like.
Adam
http://www.upandadamadventures.com

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: HRF option

Post by just4kix » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:15 pm

The HRF is basicaly a Saltwater Treated Version of the Advantage 153HST. I've heard of some HRF owners swapping out their stock handles for the Bassart 90mm Handle for increased leverage and installing Cork Knobs w/ 4 bearings total for added smoothness. I suggest purchasing the Carbontex Washers (Carbon Fiber Washers) as an upgrade over stock from Smoothdrag.com, Toll Free: (888)206-4656. Give them a call and ask for the Carbontex Washers for Daiwa Baitcaster Set #1 which includes the Advantage Models. Try to determine whether or not the HRF's Metal Washers are Titanium Coated and if they're the same size as the TD-Z. The TD-Z Metal Washers are Titanium coated (except the Top Key Washer so use the HRF's stock top washer) and they will wear better with the Carbontex Washers. You can order the TD-Z Washers through Daiwa USA. Oh, also consider upgrading the spool bearings. ;)