Pixzilla Parts List

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Super Pixy parts list

Post by Itchy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:29 pm

look closly at the list the phone numbers are there for the places to get the stuff from. i dont know about international orders tho you will have to ask over the phone.

Fishingboy
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Fishingboy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:51 pm

Just wondering, would i be able to get through to Daiwa north america by that toll free number if i were to dial from U.K? Wish someone does a complete package of all the parts needed for the pixy upgrade as mentioned and demonstrated by M.hood and D.R :cry:

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:04 pm

I just placed an order for all the parts and everything is in stock. The only thing i have left to do is get some sic bearings. This should be a cool little reel.

Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Itchy » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:12 pm

This list is wrong there are parts on there you dont need at all unfortunatly its the more expensive part and there is no need to make a washer just modify the one thats in there already. it takes about 30 seconds to do. Or just order a second one to have a the original spare cant understand why its recommend to make one from scratch from a different material even. When there is one right there already that has two of three dimensions that is needed.

I had my pixy fill with water after the upgrade, and to top it off cals grease seems to to leech/melt and turn to grit when it hits water. Not sure why yet fishing season is over here so I wont know till next season. Very strange huh. This list should be taken down and rewritten.

REEL LIFE
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by REEL LIFE » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:27 pm

Itchy, what parts didn't you need and why? Just curious as I might get a Pixy and do this upgrade some day myself.
Also wanted to point out in the original post D.R. just said you needed to fabricate a washer, he didn't say you couldn't fabricate it from the original one, just to be fair to the original post.
I've never used Cal's grease so I can't help you with any input there. I've been using hot sauce grease and oil and been happy with it, but I did get some friction-0 that I just tried it's very light and I bet it doesn't offer much protection for people that don't maintain their equipment very often, this is a lube that I would only use for myself.

Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Itchy » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:42 pm

This part is not needed "Shaft collor G01-1401". Why? Cause its the exact same part as in the pixy already. After measuring the pixy collar and the new shaft collars I ordered. I sat there for a while scratching my head as to why I would replace them with the same parts. Guess its a mistake on the list, the thing that sucks is I ordered 2 of them for both my pixys 23 dollars spent for nothing.

The washer that needs to be fabricated can be made from the original one. its very easy. heres how.

Tape a piece of 220 grit sand paper down to a glass table on two sides to keep it from moving around. Then take the phenolic washer from the pixy and proceed to sand it down by rubbing it on the sand paper in a circular motion, your trying to get the washer down from .7 to .2 -.3 thickness. It will go down to this size very easy and fast, so be careful. I have the luxury of owning a caliper so for me it was very easy. I just got it down to .4 installed the drag system without the screws. And listened/felt/looked for any signs of rubbing if it did, just pulled it back out and sanded it down a little more, until it fits perfectly.

I would also like to add I used the fuego Line pawl it just looks nicer to me casue its black, black matches everything, its the same as the TDZ. Opossed to the matt color grey one from the TDZ.

As for the Cal's grease in the post above, this grease is used for only the drag disks I dont think or ever heard of anyone using it for a general grease in the entire reel. Only on the disks.

What happen was it leeched out from the disks im guessing after water entered the reel and contaminated the grease and caused it to turn into some kind of watery paste with grit in it. Almost seems like it coroded something and that corosion mixed in with pastey grease and became one messy substance. We are pretty sure we know where the water came from, just no time to test now.

Disclaimer.. I did not perform the upgrades on my pixys, my buddy the japanese reel expert did, I know nothing compared to him all I did was get the washer down to the proper sizes while he checked to see if it was to big or not. Matter of fact he told me about alot these mods way before they were ever posted or talked about here. hes the man :D .

illini
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by illini » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:56 am

Thanks Itchy, Very informative I wish i would have known about the collar and the line guide before hand :x
Oh well at least other folks will know now.

Dave,

Vladimir_Kazan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Vladimir_Kazan » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:22 am

Install the () spring washers from TDZ/X (or Zillion :roll: ; or BBS :shock: ) and I think you will boost the drag up to 6 pounds.

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:25 pm

Itchy,

The parts list was made so as if you ever wanted to return the reel to its original state you could. That is the reason for the complete parts list.

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

Itchy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Itchy » Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Hi DR.

Its been a while now since we did my two pixys, if I remember right this part should not be on the list. It seems it is exactly the same one that is in the pixy already and there is no need to buy it. Is what I was getting at the list needs to be fixed. If its not a part that is changed why list it, people will order the thing not knowing any better.

Shaft collor G01-1401 $11.65 1ea

D.R.
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by D.R. » Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:01 am

I will take care of that.
Thanks.

D.R.
Prostaff: Dobyns Rods, Smooth Drag, Tackle Warehouse, Lake Fork Tackle

just4kix
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by just4kix » Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:23 pm

My Pixzilla ;)
Attachments
000_1129-1.jpg
000_1129-1.jpg (57.42 KiB) Viewed 47055 times

Lubina
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Lubina » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:21 am

My Pixarro....finally finished
Attachments
8-17 (4)_resize_resize.JPG
8-17 (4)_resize_resize.JPG (24.7 KiB) Viewed 45970 times

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 am

I realize this is a very old post, but it's good info. The pics are gone, but I think I've got the gist of everything. Looking at pickup a pixy and performing the upgrade, or maybe just getting a PX68... haven't decided.

But, one concern re the conversion is I read on Mike's Reel Repair forum that there is a RH and LH specific TD-Z line guide - TackleTrap only only lists the RH version on their site, but Mike's and Daiwa Parts I assume would have the LH version... (F83-6201)

Line guide G01-0401 (RH)
Line Guide F83-6201 (LH)

Are there any other parts that would be different for a LH converson?

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:57 am

78Staff wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 am
I realize this is a very old post, but it's good info. The pics are gone, but I think I've got the gist of everything. Looking at pickup a pixy and performing the upgrade, or maybe just getting a PX68... haven't decided.

But, one concern re the conversion is I read on Mike's Reel Repair forum that there is a RH and LH specific TD-Z line guide - TackleTrap only only lists the RH version on their site, but Mike's and Daiwa Parts I assume would have the LH version... (F83-6201)

Line guide G01-0401 (RH)
Line Guide F83-6201 (LH)

Are there any other parts that would be different for a LH converson?
I've never had any issue with the line guide being specific, I even have one I bought a reel super cheap for the line guide and bearings.
I think the only one that matters in that area is the worm gear and even that is only from certain reels cause most don't matter either