Pixzilla Parts List

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Super Pixy parts list

Post by eklikewhoa » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:58 am

I love these old threads too, especially the Pixy ones.

DrPerf
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by DrPerf » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:28 am

eklikewhoa wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:57 am
78Staff wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 am
I realize this is a very old post, but it's good info. The pics are gone, but I think I've got the gist of everything. Looking at pickup a pixy and performing the upgrade, or maybe just getting a PX68... haven't decided.

But, one concern re the conversion is I read on Mike's Reel Repair forum that there is a RH and LH specific TD-Z line guide - TackleTrap only only lists the RH version on their site, but Mike's and Daiwa Parts I assume would have the LH version... (F83-6201)

Line guide G01-0401 (RH)
Line Guide F83-6201 (LH)

Are there any other parts that would be different for a LH converson?
I've never had any issue with the line guide being specific, I even have one I bought a reel super cheap for the line guide and bearings.
I think the only one that matters in that area is the worm gear and even that is only from certain reels cause most don't matter either
The line guide part number for the TD-Z 103ML is "G01-0401", which is the part listed at the Tackle Trap. It is also the part number shown/listed on the schematic for the TD-Z 103H/105H (RH reels) There is nothing about the line guide for the TD-Z or related models that would require a different part for LH/RH.

OBW, In May 2009, I spent a 3-day weekend in San Angelo, TX at D.R.'s home, fishing and getting my first "tutorial" on maintenance and tuning as we converted my first Pixy to a Pixzilla, which started my "journey".

Now I do all my own full maintenance and tuning (full disassembly, complete cleaning of all parts appropriately, polishing of specific metal-to-metal contacts, then grease and oil as appropriate). The result is quantifiable in both casting distance and accuracy, as well as smoothness of operation. Thank you, D.R.!

Doc
Attachments
Daiwa Millionaire Ringa SSS HL 103L 08.jpg
Daiwa Millionaire Ringa SSS HL 103L 08.jpg (57.21 KiB) Viewed 20869 times
Daiwa Millionaire Ringa SSS HL 103.jpg
Daiwa Millionaire Ringa SSS HL 103.jpg (65.67 KiB) Viewed 20869 times

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Pixzilla Parts List

Post by 78Staff » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:57 am

Funny this came back up, I've been looking at a Liberto Pixy Red and thinking about picking it up ;).

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:23 am

DrPerf wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:28 am
eklikewhoa wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:57 am
78Staff wrote:
Sun May 13, 2018 8:13 am
I realize this is a very old post, but it's good info. The pics are gone, but I think I've got the gist of everything. Looking at pickup a pixy and performing the upgrade, or maybe just getting a PX68... haven't decided.

But, one concern re the conversion is I read on Mike's Reel Repair forum that there is a RH and LH specific TD-Z line guide - TackleTrap only only lists the RH version on their site, but Mike's and Daiwa Parts I assume would have the LH version... (F83-6201)

Line guide G01-0401 (RH)
Line Guide F83-6201 (LH)

Are there any other parts that would be different for a LH converson?
I've never had any issue with the line guide being specific, I even have one I bought a reel super cheap for the line guide and bearings.
I think the only one that matters in that area is the worm gear and even that is only from certain reels cause most don't matter either
The line guide part number for the TD-Z 103ML is "G01-0401", which is the part listed at the Tackle Trap. It is also the part number shown/listed on the schematic for the TD-Z 103H/105H (RH reels) There is nothing about the line guide for the TD-Z or related models that would require a different part for LH/RH.

OBW, In May 2009, I spent a 3-day weekend in San Angelo, TX at D.R.'s home, fishing and getting my first "tutorial" on maintenance and tuning as we converted my first Pixy to a Pixzilla, which started my "journey".

Now I do all my own full maintenance and tuning (full disassembly, complete cleaning of all parts appropriately, polishing of specific metal-to-metal contacts, then grease and oil as appropriate). The result is quantifiable in both casting distance and accuracy, as well as smoothness of operation. Thank you, D.R.!

Doc
That ring a is gorgeous!

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am

78Staff wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:57 am
Funny this came back up, I've been looking at a Liberto Pixy Red and thinking about picking it up ;).
Doeeeeet!

I keep telling myself I have enough when one pops up, it sells and I'm filled with regret. So now I set my standards high for condition but just gonna collect them all.

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm

eklikewhoa wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:25 am
78Staff wrote:
Doeeeeet!

I keep telling myself I have enough when one pops up, it sells and I'm filled with regret. So now I set my standards high for condition but just gonna collect them all.
Yeah I grabbed it, and put in an TT order for the parts. They are out of the worm drive bearing kit but I already have the collar from previous projects so I just ordered a few bearing from Boca. But everything else - gears, drag kit, worm drive gear, etc arrived today. Reel coming from Japan so won't see it for a week or so I suspect. Also grabbed a TD-Z Type R and a TD Ito to :).

No one has the IP68 line guide (gunmetal, which would look killer on the Airy Red I think), but I have a few TD-Z (gold) spares so will use one of those and just keep looking for the IP68 version.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 am

78Staff wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm
eklikewhoa wrote:
78Staff wrote:
Doeeeeet!

Yeah I grabbed it, and put in an TT order for the parts. They are out of the worm drive bearing kit but I already have the collar from previous projects so I just ordered a few bearing from Boca. But everything else - gears, drag kit, worm drive gear, etc arrived today. Reel coming from Japan so won't see it for a week or so I suspect. Also grabbed a TD-Z Type R and a TD Ito to :).

No one has the IP68 line guide (gunmetal, which would look killer on the Airy Red I think), but I have a few TD-Z (gold) spares so will use one of those and just keep looking for the IP68 version.
LoL it's a battle hard to win.
I got random things showing up for future pixys as well.
Really kicking myself in the rear for not grabbing extra IP line guides last I saw them in stock, told myself I was done...

78Staff
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by 78Staff » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:38 am

eklikewhoa wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 am
78Staff wrote:
eklikewhoa wrote:
78Staff wrote:
Doeeeeet!

Really kicking myself in the rear for not grabbing extra IP line guides last I saw them in stock, told myself I was done...
lol I actually attempted to buy an IP68 for north of $300 *just for the line guide* :mrgreen: Figured I could pull it and swap in one of my gold spares and resell the reel... although to be honest I probably would have just kept the reel too. But someone bought it just ahead of me...

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by eklikewhoa » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:19 am

78Staff wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:38 am
eklikewhoa wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:04 am
78Staff wrote:
eklikewhoa wrote:
78Staff wrote:
Funny this came back up, I've been looking at a Liberto Pixy Red and thinking about picking it up ;).ew
Doeeeeet!

lol I actually attempted to buy an IP68 for north of $300 *just for the line guide* :mrgreen: Figured I could pull it and swap in one of my gold spares and resell the reel... although to be honest I probably would have just kept the reel too. But someone bought it just ahead of me...
I'm glad the Pixy addiction is normal... Hahaha
I've bought reels in the past for pixy builds

Real Pudd legend
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Real Pudd legend » Sun Jul 16, 2023 6:18 pm

Does Daiwa still have the worm collar in stock? I picked up a nice condition Pixy recently and about to order the drag kit from TT and line guide, already have the bearing for the worm drive and just need the white collar part.