Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Post Reply
User avatar
ninjaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by ninjaman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:57 am

Been away from the JDM and tuning market for 10 years so my knowledge is not really up to date.
Anyhow, I would need to swap out the main drive gear and pinion on a Bay Casting Special 103L and was wondering if the gears from a 2014 Millionaire 100L would fit? Tried looking around, but couldn't find any info.
If not, what would be my best option?

https://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/par ... ts_id=2339
Thanks!

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by tincanary » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:16 am

Alphas gears fit, specifically those from the Finesse Custom and SV105. This would give you access to 5.8, 6.8, and 7.2:1 ratios.

User avatar
ninjaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by ninjaman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:47 am

Thanks!
Will any gear from any Alphas model work? Even the more recent -19 models?

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by tincanary » Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:00 am

ninjaman wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:47 am
Thanks!
Will any gear from any Alphas model work? Even the more recent -19 models?
No, the '19 gears will not work as the pinion gear is longer to accommodate the 30mm spool found in those reels. You want gears from the wider spool models, from the original 103 to the SV105.

User avatar
ninjaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by ninjaman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:24 am

Thanks!
Unfortuntely, looking at Daiwa JP repair site https://www.sl-planets.co.jp/shop/c/c1308/ It seems they are sold out. I am looking for left handed gear btw. So gears for the cv-z models are basically not available anymore?

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by tincanary » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:09 am

ninjaman wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:24 am
Thanks!
Unfortuntely, looking at Daiwa JP repair site https://www.sl-planets.co.jp/shop/c/c1308/ It seems they are sold out. I am looking for left handed gear btw. So gears for the cv-z models are basically not available anymore?
Can you order direct from SLP being in Sweden? To my knowledge, they don't ship outside of Japan. Have a look at PLAT, that's where most of us get our JDM reel parts.

User avatar
ninjaman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:52 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by ninjaman » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:48 am

I used to buy most of my spare parts from PLAT, but learned the hard way that they don't update availability daily and have a very limited stock. So my guess is that if SLP don't have it, neither does PLAT since that's where they buy their parts :)

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2634
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 am

So do Alphas CT gears work in the Millionaire CT???

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6421
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:18 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:45 am
So do Alphas CT gears work in the Millionaire CT???
Yes, same gear set.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1181
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Townsville , Queensland , Australia

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:42 pm

by changing to alphas/pixy gear sets you can also then use 1000 series spools (1016,1012 in SV and mag z ) without the pinion slipping on the spool pin. opens up a great selection of spools to use in the millionaire based reels.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by SSS » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:48 pm

Don't want to derail this, but can you order from SLP when being outside of Japan? I too always used PLAT, but wanted to see if i could order from SLP directly, and not seeing any ways to add parts into my basket. Has anyone in NA successfully ordered from them?

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by tincanary » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:37 pm

SSS wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:48 pm
Don't want to derail this, but can you order from SLP when being outside of Japan? I too always used PLAT, but wanted to see if i could order from SLP directly, and not seeing any ways to add parts into my basket. Has anyone in NA successfully ordered from them?
I've tried, but when I get to checkout, the only shipping destinations available are the prefectures. With that said, I don't believe they ship outside of Japan.

SSS
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1074
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:38 pm

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by SSS » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 am

tincanary wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:37 pm
SSS wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:48 pm
Don't want to derail this, but can you order from SLP when being outside of Japan? I too always used PLAT, but wanted to see if i could order from SLP directly, and not seeing any ways to add parts into my basket. Has anyone in NA successfully ordered from them?
I've tried, but when I get to checkout, the only shipping destinations available are the prefectures. With that said, I don't believe they ship outside of Japan.
alright thanks for letting me know. Kinda sucks, tho. I don't see why they wouldn't sell internationally. I am sure many across the globe would be interested to buy directly from them.

tincanary
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:34 pm
Location: SE Michigan

Re: Gears for cv-z 103/Ringa/IZE Light/Monoblock etc?

Post by tincanary » Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:15 am

SSS wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:45 am
alright thanks for letting me know. Kinda sucks, tho. I don't see why they wouldn't sell internationally. I am sure many across the globe would be interested to buy directly from them.
It's a bummer for sure. I went ahead and registered with them and got to the end and thought "SOB". Avail doesn't sell outside of Japan either, they too make you go through a third party for parts.

Post Reply