Reel Service

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
jprice92
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Reel Service

Post by jprice92 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:32 pm

Looking for recommendations on where to get my reels deep cleaned, I’m not very confident in tearing them down myself. I checked out tackle trap but their turn around time right now is too long for me.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Reel Service

Post by adam lancia » Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:41 am

Ian Shields would be my choice, he does amazing work.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by Preston » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:12 am

thkustom(Trey Harpel) on instagram. I can't say I've used him because I do my own reels. I've just seen him recommended and his posts are cool. Always posting up pics of the reels he works on.

Preston

jprice92
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jprice92 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:17 am

adam lancia wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:41 am
How can I get in contact with him?

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by adam lancia » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:43 pm

jprice92 wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:17 am
adam lancia wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:41 am
How can I get in contact with him?
His username is e_bassfisher.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by bronzefly » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:30 am

jprice92 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:32 pm
Looking for recommendations on where to get my reels deep cleaned, I’m not very confident in tearing them down myself. I checked out tackle trap but their turn around time right now is too long for me.
Thank you for checking with The Tackle Trap first. This same thing happens every year. About mid-January to mid-February folks start thinking about fishing and getting their reels serviced, and they start coming in boxes. I encourage everyone to get your reels in early in the season for a better turn around time. A lot of guys up north end their season in October, which is a GREAT time to send them in. Even a lot of guys in the midwest and south who spend winters hunting quit fishing as soon as season opens, also a great time to send them in. Bryan (aka Spanky) is extremely good at what he does and he's in high demand, so thank you all for the continued support!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

tincanary
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by tincanary » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:11 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:30 am
This same thing happens every year. About mid-January to mid-February folks start thinking about fishing and getting their reels serviced, and they start coming in boxes.
We too are getting slammed with work right now. Surrounded by the Great Lakes, we have a lot of charter and guide service customers. These aren't customers that send a few at a time either, usually a dozen or more. Even had one charter service send us 60 recently, a mixed bag of Penn, Okuma, Daiwa, and Shimano. It's a lot of work to take on for a three man shop, but we get it done! We are usually burning the midnight oil well into April when the charters open back up for the season.

jprice92
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Post by jprice92 » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 am

bronzefly wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:30 am
jprice92 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:32 pm
Thank you for checking with The Tackle Trap first. This same thing happens every year. About mid-January to mid-February folks start thinking about fishing and getting their reels serviced, and they start coming in boxes. I encourage everyone to get your reels in early in the season for a better turn around time. A lot of guys up north end their season in October, which is a GREAT time to send them in. Even a lot of guys in the midwest and south who spend winters hunting quit fishing as soon as season opens, also a great time to send them in. Bryan (aka Spanky) is extremely good at what he does and he's in high demand, so thank you all for the continued support!

Always man! I appreciate all y’all do helping everyone out and answering our questions.