ZPI bearings

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning
Post Reply
Lobo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm

ZPI bearings

Post by Lobo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

I have two reels one of them has ZPI in the spool. I just forgot which
Any marking on them for recognition ?
I don't remember if they were open on both sides or covered on one.
Anybody have any information?
Would greatly appreciate it.

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: ZPI bearings

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 am

The zpi sic bearings are shield less on both sides.

Lobo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Re: ZPI bearings

Post by Lobo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:16 am

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 am
The zpi sic bearings are shield less on both sides.
What about their SS version do you know

MountainMan 83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 284
Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:18 am

Re: ZPI bearings

Post by MountainMan 83 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:36 am

Lobo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:16 am
MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 am
The zpi sic bearings are shield less on both sides.
What about their SS version do you know
Not sure. Mine has two lines that run parallel along the outer face but no other markings.

Lobo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:03 pm

Re: ZPI bearings

Post by Lobo » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 am

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:36 am
Lobo wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:16 am
MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 am
The zpi sic bearings are shield less on both sides.
What about their SS version do you know
Not sure. Mine has two lines that run parallel along the outer face but no other markings.
Ok thank you so much

brownhl
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:39 am
Location: Cherry Hill, VA

Re: ZPI bearings

Post by brownhl » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:39 am

Their SS bearings are ZR and are open on one side only. I like SS over ceramic and their ZR bearings are faster than ABEC 9. They come pre lubed with their oil. For the money they cannot be beat.

Post Reply