Daiwa Fuego 3000A for Light Inshore?

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
NJFishinFreak
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Daiwa Fuego 3000A for Light Inshore?

Post by NJFishinFreak » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:40 pm

Hey guys I am new to this forum and I would like help on the s ubject of this reel if anybody can give me the revised sheet and pinion on using a 3000 Fuego forLight Surf Fishing.....I plan to mount this Reel on a 8' Ft St Croix Mojo Surf Rod and use this setup for Casting Plugs, Metals, Bucktails, etc for Fluke, Stripers, Blues, etc......So I'm mainly concerned about this real how it will perform for light saltwater fishing has anybody out there used this same 3000 reel for Light Surf?.....If so, any opinion and advice on how it would perform would be greatly appreciated ok Guys!

Thanks,

NJFishinFreak

C0BRA
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Fuego 3000A for Light Inshore?

Post by C0BRA » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:41 pm

This reel will be perfect for light inshore. Do you already have the rod? If not, I'd bring the reel with you to a tackle shop and see how it feels on the 8' vs a 9' rod. Personally I have my 3000 sized Daiwa reels on 9'-9'6" rods.

wnyBob
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Daiwa Fuego 3000A for Light Inshore?

Post by wnyBob » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:29 pm

NJFishinFreak wrote:Hey guys I am new to this forum and I would like help on the s ubject of this reel if anybody can give me the revised sheet and pinion on using a 3000 Fuego forLight Surf Fishing.....I plan to mount this Reel on a 8' Ft St Croix Mojo Surf Rod and use this setup for Casting Plugs, Metals, Bucktails, etc for Fluke, Stripers, Blues, etc......So I'm mainly concerned about this real how it will perform for light saltwater fishing has anybody out there used this same 3000 reel for Light Surf?.....If so, any opinion and advice on how it would perform would be greatly appreciated ok Guys!

Thanks,

NJFishinFreak
Frankly, I wouldn't. Use your Fuego that is. I have a Fuego that I have for Fresh water and there's do doubt about it, that it is a great reel. But You're amost using two terms. Light "inshore" and "surf" Surf and Inshore there is differnce. True "inshore" for your Fuego, it would make a great reel for that. But i think you are taking too much of a chance of gunking it up, taking it to the suf. IMO. An 8" ST Croix surf rod would good though.