Some pics, a video, and a re-introduction...

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
Crank-B8
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Some pics, a video, and a re-introduction...

Post by Crank-B8 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 am

Greetings everybody!

While I check the site and the forums everyday, it's been quite a while since I've posted here. I'm actually an administrator on a kayak fishing forum so I stay pretty tied up with that most of the time.

With that said, you guys will probably be seeing a whole lot more of me over here.

I'm very proud to say that I am the new kayak fishing and inshore (redfish) editor here at TackleTour.com! A HUGE thanks to Zander and JIP for bringing me on board. As I said, I check this site everyday and I'm a huge fan of everything that goes on over here. I've learned most everything I know about reels from the knowledgeable group of folks right here on this forum.

I'll be reviewing all sorts of gear and tackle but from a slightly different angle than the rest of the guys here. I think it will be a neat perspective. Inshore fishing, particularly for redfish, can be very similiar to bass fishing in terms of techniques and gear. However, it provides a lot of different challenges and circumstances that cause you to use the gear in different ways. Not to mention, the Gulf Coast is one of the toughest environments to test any kind of tackle or equipment - especially when you're sitting 4 inches from the water in a little plastic boat! ;)

I've posted here in the past but I just wanted to reintroduce myself. My name is Jason and I'm from Houston, TX. If I can answer ANY questions on inshore fishing, kayaks, or any other saltwater related stuff don't hesitate to shoot me a PM or just post a question here. I am also an avid bass fisherman and grew up fishing Sam Rayburn Reservoir in east Texas so for you freshwater guys that are looking to make a trip to the coast, or to get into saltwater fishing, I can help you out.

Now that we have that out of the way, I wanted to post a few pictures from a trip last weekend to Aransas Pass, TX. I was prefishing for the Texas Kayak Series event out of Rockport when I took these pics. I did a little video too. Enjoy!

Who says you can't stand up in a kayak? ;)

And here's a short video I put together. Nothing special. I was hoping to get some fishing footage but I accidentally put my camera in my shirt pocket while it was still running. Next thing I know I hear "Battery depleted." And that was that. :roll: :oops:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dz5VCklHU90

Sledgehammer
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Some pics, a video, and a re-introduction...

Post by Sledgehammer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:20 pm

congrats dude

TT couldnt have picked a better guy for the job 8-)

lpquick
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by lpquick » Mon May 16, 2011 12:53 pm

Crank-BB I welcome your point of view. All the bass gear I own is used almost exclusively for inshore fishing. See my Shimano Gang topic. I owe most of my bass gear knowledge to this forum and it's readers. I have learned about JDM tackle, upgrades and reel maintenance from this forum. I look forward to reading about your adventures, experience and knowledge. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Rods & Reels Excite me!

Redfish
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Post by Redfish » Thu May 19, 2011 1:29 pm

Cant wait to hear about those yak adventures. As you can tell from my name, I love the inshore fishing too!
[url=http://www.yakangler.com][img]http://www.yakangler.com/images/stories/banners/YakAngler_Sunrise.png[/img][/url]

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by zodiak311 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:01 pm

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing more action pm these saltwater forums! :big grin:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Versus
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Post by Versus » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey Crank :D ,

Had a question, on your kayak forums.. What have people been doing about the drive on their Hobie kayaks in the flats (are they just lifting it out?) I was going to get a hobie pro angler but if the drive system was just a pain in the flats I figured I would save a large sum of money and just get a ocean kayak/wilderness systems/ or perception. (the hobie as i am sure you know its 2500, which for a little more I could just buy a gheenoe lt15 or something)