Keys/Flamingo Report

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
HonB3nzo
Angler
Angler

Keys/Flamingo Report

Post by HonB3nzo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:32 am

Had a stellar July's worth of fishing down in Flamingo and the Keys.

Here are some pics from a previous trip a couple weeks ago...

-Capt. Hon

Silv3Rz
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Keys/Flamingo Report

Post by Silv3Rz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:54 pm

whats that fish on the last couple pics call? ive caught the ones with the yellow fins/tails

they are so tasty

Nitroman77
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Post by Nitroman77 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:59 am

Man what bank are you robbing looking like that? :P Those are some grea fish and a triple play in my book.
THkustoms.com
Dobyns rods
Omega custom tackle
Biospawn
seaguar
phoenix boats

HonB3nzo
Angler
Angler

Post by HonB3nzo » Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:27 pm

Silv3Rz wrote:whats that fish on the last couple pics call? ive caught the ones with the yellow fins/tails

they are so tasty
That would be a Permit. They are great fighters and rip plenty of line off your drag... one of the best fish besdies bonefish to test the smoothness of your drag. They dont taste as well as their cousins...the Pompano. Pomps are real good eating..my favorite!!!

By the way, the "mask" i wear is for protection from teh sun. I hate the feeling of sunscreen on my face plus it makes me break out so the HAD masks work great for me.
-Capt. Hon

RojoKayako
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by RojoKayako » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:17 pm

Excellent fish!

BTW, I hope you "EaTeD" the Red all up: they are really delicious! As far as the others, I never know if they are "under pressure" - or not - so it hasn't been my policy to keep them (I just don't know Florida's situation).

However, scoring all these fish on a Fly Rod is one hell of an accomplishment. I congratulate you - it took a lot of patience, practice and skill to do that!

You did the "Grand Slam"!

Congrats.

Rojo

HonB3nzo
Angler
Angler

Post by HonB3nzo » Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:23 pm

RojoKayako wrote:Excellent fish!

BTW, I hope you "EaTeD" the Red all up: they are really delicious! As far as the others, I never know if they are "under pressure" - or not - so it hasn't been my policy to keep them (I just don't know Florida's situation).

However, scoring all these fish on a Fly Rod is one hell of an accomplishment. I congratulate you - it took a lot of patience, practice and skill to do that!

You did the "Grand Slam"!

Congrats.

Rojo
The smaller redfish can be tastey (especially on the half shell) but I'm all for catch and release when it comes to Redfish and these reds were all over slot anyways!!!
-Capt. Hon