What style of jig head should I use?

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
steeleagle
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

What style of jig head should I use?

Post by steeleagle » Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:57 am

I will be going out of Brunswick Georgia for a nearshore trip on my father-in-law's boat.. we will be trying to catch redfish, flounder, trout (and anything else that will swim). i plan to use some 3" gulp shrimp on a jig head. I have never done this before. What size should I use? What style of jig should I use? Any other suggestions for a successful trip would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

norml
Angler
Angler

Re: What style of jig head should I use?

Post by norml » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:46 am

I am new to saltwater fishing but have had a lot of success using shad style stand up jig heads. Several manufactures make them, I picked mine up at Bass Pros shops. The are called the offshore Angler deluxe shad head jig, Walmart in Florida also had some name brand jigs. The Walmart in Florida had some name brand jig heads. I was using 1/4 and 3/ 8 once heads on the gulp minnow with lots of success.
Good luck.
Norm
norm

HonB3nzo
Angler
Angler

Post by HonB3nzo » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:48 am

theres a small company here called Mission fishing that makes excellent jigheads for inshore fishing. I particularly like using their 1/8th oz head with plastics for working shallower water.
-Capt. Hon

Jean Scurtu
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Post by Jean Scurtu » Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:38 am

I like very much GAMAKATSU jigs,model ROUND 26, 3/16oz.(BASS PRO SHOPS) and H&H 1/8oz. short shank jigs(ACADEMY).

Jean