Inshore/nearshore report NE Florida

Discussions focused on the pursuit of saltwater species
cosbyrec
Angler
Angler

Post by cosbyrec » Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:49 pm

Florida Fishing Report for:
Intracoastal Waterway, St Johns River and Nearshore Waters from Fernandina to Saint Augustine
Updated: June 21, 2007.

I'm seeing more tarpon around the Mayport jetties, which is encouraging. The pogies are scattered, but you can catch "greenies" on bait rigs at the jetty tips. Some bait size mullet can be cast netted on the outside of the rocks. I'm getting reports of plenty of shark action behind the shrimp boats and kingfish on the nearshore reefs. The jetty reds will hit mud minnows, greenies, mullet and live shrimp on jig heads.

There has been a bit of a flounder run recently around the rocks and docks of the river and inlet. Speckled trout, jacks, ladyfish, and even the occasional snook are being caught in the ICW and river. Redfish and other saltwater species are being caught far up the river near Green Cove Springs, which is unusual.

Recently, I've been busy outfitting my new boat, a 21' Polar/Dynasty bayboat, which should be ready in a couple of days. It will be a little roomier on those four person charters!

Good fishing!

CAPT Bob

--
Captain Bob's Fishing Charters,Inc.
http://www.captainbobsfishingcharters.com
Attachments
McHugh 003.jpg
spots
McHugh 003.jpg (45.58 KiB) Viewed 3404 times

notlucky
Angler
Angler

Re: Inshore/nearshore report NE Florida

Post by notlucky » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:28 pm

Nice reports keep up the good work

ever tried the norton lures or brown lures have been killing the trout with them